We found 4 pediatric ophthalmologists who accept Gold Compass Balanced 1000 near San Antonio, TX.
Dr. Johan Zwaan's specialty is pediatric ophthalmology. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Zwaan's areas of expertise include eye problems. He honors several insurance carriers, including Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze. He is a graduate of the University of Amsterdam Faculty of Medicine and a graduate of Albany Medical Center's residency program. Dr. Zwaan (or staff) speaks French and Dutch. He is professionally affiliated with Methodist Health System.
Clinical interests: Pediatric Ophth
Dr. Hector Nevarez works as a pediatric ophthalmologist. Dr. Nevarez is conversant in Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with Methodist Health System. He graduated from National University of Pedro Henriquez Urena. His medical residency was performed at Hahnemann University Hospital. He is rated 5.0 stars out of 5 by his patients. Dr. Nevarez is in-network for Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more. He has received the following distinction: Texas Super Doctors.
Clinical interests: Cataract/IOL and Plastics/Reconstructive
Dr. James Mims, who practices in San Antonio, TX, is a medical specialist in pediatric ophthalmology. Dr. Mims's average rating from his patients is 4.0 stars out of 5. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Mims include strabismus. He accepts United Healthcare Compass, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Choice, and more. Dr. Mims is a graduate of Tulane University School of Medicine. He completed his residency training at Wills Eye Institute.
Clinical interests: Pediatric Ophth and Strabismus
Dr. Sanford Roberts is a medical specialist in pediatric ophthalmology. He studied medicine at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Roberts takes. Dr. Roberts is professionally affiliated with Nix Health.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- Amblyopia, or lazy eye
- Eye alignment problems, such as strabismus
- Refractive errors, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness
- Congenital cataracts, when a baby is born with a cloudy lens in the eye
- Eye injuries
- Vision problems caused by health issues that affect the whole body, such as juvenile diabetes or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Prescription lenses, including glasses and contacts
- Prescription medications to treat infections or inflammation
- Other medical treatments, such as eye patches, tear duct massage, or eye exercises
- Surgical procedures, such as those to repair blocked tear ducts or correct eye alignment
- Laser treatments for retinopathy