We found 5 immunologists who accept PHCS PPO near Plano, TX.
Dr. Sandeep Gupta is an adult allergy & immunology specialist. He honors Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. He studied medicine at the University of Southern California (USC), Keck School of Medicine. Dr. Gupta (or staff) speaks Spanish and Hindi. Dr. Gupta's professional affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Resources. He is accepting new patients.
Dr. Naveen Sikka's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. He attended medical school at M.S. Ramaiah Medical College. Dr. Sikka's training includes a residency program at Henry Ford Hospital. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is professionally affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Resources. Dr. Sikka is accepting new patients.
Dr. Stephen Olmstead is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, United Healthcare Choice, and more. He attended medical school at Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine and the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. Dr. Olmstead has received professional recognition including the following: Texas Super Doctors. Dr. Olmstead is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Dr. Howard Crisp's areas of specialization are pediatric allergy & immunology and adult allergy & immunology. He studied medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School. For his residency, Dr. Crisp trained at San Antonio Military Medical Center. Clinical interests for Dr. Crisp include sinusitis (sinus infection), conjunctivitis (pink eye), and allergic contact dermatitis. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Crisp accepts. Awards and/or distinctions he has received include Air Force Commendation Medal, US Air Force and Harold S. Nelson Award for Research (2nd place), Military Allergy & Immunology Assembly. He is professionally affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Resources. He is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Immunodeficiency, Immunotherapy, Conjunctivitis, Contact Dermatitis, Sinus Problems, Food Allergy, ... (Read more)
Dr. Nastaran Safdarian works as an allergist/immunologist in Plano, TX and Dallas, TX. Dr. Safdarian's professional affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Resources. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Safdarian takes. New patients are welcome to contact her office for an appointment. Her education and training includes medical school at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine and residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). Dr. Safdarian has received the distinction of Texas Rising Stars.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.