We found 5 immunologists who accept HealthSmart EPO near Plano, TX.
Dr. Aasia Ghazi is an adult allergy & immunology specialist in Plano, TX. She obtained her medical school training at Government Medical College, Srinagar and performed her residency at Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver. She accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Ghazi (or staff) speaks the following languages: Urdu and Hindi. She is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. New patients are welcome to contact Dr. Ghazi's office for an appointment.
Dr. Sandeep Gupta works as an adult allergist and immunologist in Dallas, TX and Plano, TX. He honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold. Dr. Gupta attended medical school at the University of Southern California (USC), Keck School of Medicine. Dr. Gupta (or staff) speaks Spanish and Hindi. He is professionally affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. New patients are welcome to contact Dr. Gupta's office for an appointment.
Dr. Naveen Sikka is an allergy & immunology specialist. Dr. Sikka attended medical school at M.S. Ramaiah Medical College. He trained at Henry Ford Hospital for his residency. He is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. He is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. Dr. Sikka's practice is open to new patients.
Dr. Pooja Paranjpe's specialty is allergy & immunology. She is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall. She graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. Dr. Paranjpe honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more. Dr. Paranjpe has received professional recognition including the following: Texas Rising Stars. New patients are welcome to contact her office for an appointment.
Dr. Nastaran Safdarian is an allergy & immunology specialist in Plano, TX and Dallas, TX. Dr. Safdarian honors Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. She is a graduate of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine. For her professional training, Dr. Safdarian completed a residency program at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). She has received the following distinction: Texas Rising Stars. She is professionally affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. Dr. Safdarian has an open panel.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.