We found 6 immunologists who accept HealthSmart EPO near Plano, TX.
Dr. Sandeep Gupta is an adult allergy & immunology specialist. He is a graduate of the University of Southern California (USC), Keck School of Medicine. On average, patients gave Dr. Gupta a rating of 5.0 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Gupta (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish and Hindi. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Resources. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Dr. Aasia Ghazi's specialty is adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Ghazi (or staff) is conversant in Urdu and Hindi. Dr. Ghazi is affiliated with Texas Health Resources. She graduated from Government Medical College, Srinagar. She trained at Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver for her residency. Dr. Ghazi takes Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. She is accepting new patients.
Dr. Naveen Sikka is a specialist in allergy & immunology. He works in Dallas, TX and Plano, TX. After completing medical school at M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, he performed his residency at Henry Ford Hospital. Dr. Sikka is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Resources. He has an open panel.
Dr. Howard Crisp is a pediatric allergy & immunology and adult allergy & immunology specialist. Dr. Crisp's clinical interests include sinusitis (sinus infection), conjunctivitis (pink eye), and allergic contact dermatitis. He is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. He is a graduate of Eastern Virginia Medical School. He trained at San Antonio Military Medical Center for residency. He has received distinctions including Air Force Commendation Medal, US Air Force and Harold S. Nelson Award for Research (2nd place), Military Allergy & Immunology Assembly. Dr. Crisp's professional affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Resources. He is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Asthma & Allergic Disorders, Allergic Conjuctivitis, Allergic Contact Dermatitis, Allergic ... (Read more)
Dr. Pooja Paranjpe practices allergy & immunology in Garland, TX, Rockwall, TX, and Dallas, TX. She is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze. Dr. Paranjpe graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. She has received the following distinction: Texas Rising Stars. She is professionally affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall. Dr. Paranjpe welcomes new patients.
Dr. Nastaran Safdarian is a specialist in allergy & immunology. She works in Plano, TX and Dallas, TX. She attended Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine and then went on to complete her residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Safdarian takes. She has received professional recognition including the following: Texas Rising Stars. Her professional affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Resources. Dr. Safdarian's practice is open to new patients.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.