We found 8 immunologists who accept United Healthcare Gold EPO near Pearland, TX.
Dr. David Engler is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. These areas are among Dr. Engler's clinical interests: sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. The average patient rating for Dr. Engler is 4.5 stars out of 5. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Engler honors. Dr. Engler graduated from Baylor College of Medicine. His distinctions include: Texas Super Doctors and Board of Regents, American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 1989-1991 & 1995-1998. In addition to English, he speaks Spanish. Dr. Engler is affiliated with Houston Methodist and Memorial Hermann. He has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Sinusitis, Asthma, Hay Fever
Dr. Carlos Vital's specialties are pediatric allergy & immunology and adult allergy & immunology. He practices in Houston, TX. Dr. Vital's clinical interests include contact dermatitis, hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. Patient ratings for Dr. Vital average 4.0 stars out of 5. He accepts Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Vital studied medicine at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. He completed his residency training at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans. He is professionally affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital, Houston Methodist, and Park Plaza Hospital. He is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Contact Dermatitis, Hives, Angioedema, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Sunil Saraf's area of specialization is adult allergy & immunology. He is a graduate of Banaras Hindu University Institute of Medical Sciences. He honors several insurance carriers, including Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Aetna Medicare. Dr. Saraf is professionally affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
Dr. Vasudeva Bommanna, who practices in Nacogdoches, TX, Webster, TX, and Pearland, TX, is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. After attending Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum for medical school, Dr. Bommanna completed his residency training at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, and Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers. He honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He is affiliated with Texas Children’s Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
Dr. Kurt Peters is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. The average patient rating for Dr. Peters is 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Peters is professionally affiliated with Texas Children’s Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital. He is in-network for Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Aetna Medicare, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Peters attended Oral Roberts University School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of South Florida (USF). He has received the following distinction: Texas Super Doctors.
Dr. Akram Mushtaha specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology and practices in Pasadena, TX and Houston, TX. He is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Amerigroup Star, in addition to other insurance carriers. He graduated from Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine and then he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. Dr. Mushtaha is professionally affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Sinus Headache, Food Allergy, Skin Testing, Sinusitis, Allergy Testing, Asthma, ... (Read more)
Dr. George Browne's area of specialization is adult allergy & immunology. He accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. Dr. Browne attended medical school at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He has received the following distinction: Texas Rising Stars.
Dr. Kabekode Verma is an allergy & immunology specialist in Pearland, TX. She is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Aetna Medicare. She attended the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford and then went on to complete her residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Dr. Verma's professional affiliations include Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital and Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.