We found 8 immunologists who accept United Healthcare Gold EPO near Pearland, TX.
Dr. David Engler is an allergy & immunology specialist in Pasadena, TX, Houston, TX, and Pearland, TX. His average rating from his patients is 4.5 stars out of 5. His clinical interests encompass sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. Dr. Engler is professionally affiliated with Houston Methodist and Memorial Hermann. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Engler is accepting new patients. He is a graduate of Baylor College of Medicine. He has received the following distinctions: Texas Super Doctors and Board of Regents, American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 1989-1991 & 1995-1998. He speaks Spanish.
Clinical interests: Sinusitis, Asthma, Hay Fever
Dr. Carlos Vital works as a pediatric allergist and immunologist and adult allergist and immunologist in Houston, TX. Dr. Vital is rated 4.0 stars out of 5 by his patients. His areas of clinical interest consist of contact dermatitis, hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. He is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital, Houston Methodist, and Park Plaza Hospital. He accepts Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and more. He has an open panel. Dr. Vital attended medical school at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. His training includes a residency program at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans.
Clinical interests: Contact Dermatitis, Hives, Angioedema, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Kurt Peters' area of specialization is pediatric allergy & immunology. After completing medical school at Oral Roberts University School of Medicine, he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of South Florida (USF). The average patient rating for Dr. Peters is 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Peters is in-network for Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna Medicare, and more. Dr. Peters has received the distinction of Texas Super Doctors. He is professionally affiliated with Texas Children’s Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
Dr. Vasudeva Bommanna works as an allergist/immunologist in Nacogdoches, TX, Webster, TX, and Pearland, TX. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. Dr. Bommanna attended Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum and then went on to complete his residency at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, and Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers. He is affiliated with Texas Children’s Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
Dr. Sunil Saraf's area of specialization is adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Saraf is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital. He honors Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Aetna Medicare, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of Banaras Hindu University Institute of Medical Sciences.
Dr. Akram Mushtaha's specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Amerigroup Star, as well as other insurance carriers. He graduated from Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine and then he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. Dr. Mushtaha is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Sinus Headache, Food Allergy, Skin Testing, Sinusitis, Allergy Testing, Asthma, ... (Read more)
Dr. George Browne specializes in adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Browne studied medicine at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Browne takes. He has received professional recognition including the following: Texas Rising Stars.
Dr. Kabekode Verma is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. Dr. Verma's hospital/clinic affiliations include Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital and Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital. She takes Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Aetna Medicare, in addition to other insurance carriers. She obtained her medical school training at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford and performed her residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.