We found 5 cardiologists who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Silver PPO near Paris, TX.
Dr. Adam Shapira's areas of specialization are adult cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology (heart rhythm); he sees patients in Dallas, TX, Plano, TX, and Decatur, TX. Dr. Shapira's areas of expertise include the following: heart problems and electrophysiological (EP) study. He honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. He graduated from the University of Louisville School of Medicine. Dr. Shapira's professional affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Advanced Heart Care.
Clinical interests: Cardiovascular Diseases, Electrophysiology
Dr. David Edwards, who practices in Plano, TX, Sulphur Springs, TX, and Paris, TX, is a medical specialist in adult cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology (heart rhythm). Dr. Edwards's professional affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Advanced Heart Care. He attended medical school at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He honors Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Jai Varma is a medical specialist in adult cardiology and interventional cardiology. Dr. Varma's hospital/clinic affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Advanced Heart Care. His education and training includes medical school at Armed Forces Medical College and residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Louisville. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Varma honors.
Dr. Khalid Shafiq is an adult cardiology and interventional cardiology specialist. Dr. Shafiq attended medical school at Khyber Medical College. He is rated highly by his patients. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Shafiq accepts.
Dr. Arjumand Hashmi's area of specialization is adult cardiology. His average patient rating is 4.5 stars out of 5. He takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Choice, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Hashmi attended medical school at Dow Medical College.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Heart attack prevention and treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure, where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of the body
- Heart transplant evaluation and care after surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease, where arteries in the limbs narrow and reduce blood flow
- Aneurysm, or a swelling in the blood vessels
- Coronary Artery Disease, where the blood vessels delivering oxygen and nutrients to the heart become blocked
- An electrocardiogram, which checks the heart’s electrical activity
- X-rays to see tissues more clearly
- Cardiac catheterization, where a small tube is directed into the heart to test pressure, oxygen levels, and blood flow