We found 3 immunologists who accept CHAMPVA near Dallas, TX.
Dr. Sandeep Gupta is a specialist in adult allergy & immunology. He is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Gupta takes. He has an open panel. He attended medical school at the University of Southern California (USC), Keck School of Medicine. Dr. Gupta (or staff) speaks Spanish and Hindi.
Dr. Naveen Sikka's specialty is allergy & immunology. He is professionally affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. After attending M.S. Ramaiah Medical College for medical school, he completed his residency training at Henry Ford Hospital. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Sikka accepts. He welcomes new patients.
Dr. Pooja Paranjpe is an allergy & immunology specialist in Garland, TX, Rockwall, TX, and Dallas, TX. She is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Paranjpe accepts. Dr. Paranjpe's practice is open to new patients. Dr. Paranjpe graduated from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. She has received professional recognition including the following: Texas Rising Stars.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.