We found 5 immunologists who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Silver PPO near College Station, TX.
Dr. David Weldon is a College Station, TX physician who specializes in adult allergy & immunology. His patients gave him an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Weldon takes. Dr. Weldon is a graduate of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine. He trained at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center for his residency. He has received distinctions including Texas Super Doctors; "Super Doctor," Texas Monthly, 2005-2015; and Past President, Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society. Dr. Weldon is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Immunodeficiency, Contact Dermatitis, Hives, Hereditary Angioedema, Hay Fever, Cough, ... (Read more)
Dr. Ojas Patel is an allergist and immunologist. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Patel accepts. He graduated from the University of Michigan Medical School. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Seton Healthcare Family.
Dr. Keith Paull is a specialist in allergy and immunology. He works in Bryan, TX. He studied medicine at Texas A & M Health Science Center College of Medicine. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. Dr. Paull has received the distinction of Texas Rising Stars.
Dr. Barry Paull sees patients in College Station, TX. His medical specialties are pediatric allergy and allergy & immunology. Dr. Paull is a graduate of the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. He has a 3.5 out of 5 star average patient rating. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He has received the following distinction: Texas Super Doctors.
Dr. Ganesh Shanmugam's specialty is adult allergy & immunology. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Shanmugam studied medicine at Texas A & M Health Science Center College of Medicine.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.