We found 5 genetics specialists who accept Bronze Choice HSA 6300 - 2 with IVF near Austin, TX.
Dr. Jaya George-Abraham works as a pediatric geneticist. Her areas of expertise include genetic counseling. Dr. George-Abraham takes Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. After attending the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, School of Medicine, she completed her residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. She is affiliated with Seton Healthcare Family. Her practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Diagnostic Workup, Family History Intake, Genetic Counseling, My Clinical Focus I see pediatric and ... (Read more)
Dr. Ladonna Immken's medical specialty is pediatric genetics. Dr. Immken's areas of expertise include genetic counseling. She is professionally affiliated with Seton Healthcare Family. Before performing her residency at Jules Stein Eye Institute, Dr. Immken attended the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine. She is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and TRICARE, in addition to other insurance carriers. She is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Clinical Evaluations for Birth Defects, Genetic Counseling, My Clinical Focus I love seeing the ... (Read more)
Dr. James Gibson practices pediatric genetics and clinical biochemical genetics. Before performing his residency at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Dr. Gibson attended Duke University School of Medicine. Dr. Gibson is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. He is professionally affiliated with Seton Healthcare Family.
Dr. Thomas Hughes is a pediatric geneticist. Dr. Hughes takes Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He has received the distinction of Texas Super Doctors. Dr. Hughes is professionally affiliated with Seton Healthcare Family.
Dr. Mathew Putzi's medical specialty is molecular genetic pathology and cytopathology. United Healthcare Compass, United Healthcare Choice, and United Healthcare HSA are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Putzi takes. After completing medical school at Tufts University School of Medicine, he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Michigan. Dr. Putzi (or staff) speaks the following languages: Spanish and Vietnamese.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Single gene disorders, the result of a single mutated gene. Examples include Huntington’s disease, which causes jerky movements, and sickle-cell anemia, where red blood cells have an abnormal, rigid shape.
- Inborn metabolic disorders, which are a specific type of single gene disorder that results in abnormalities in the way the body chemically processes proteins, carbohydrates or fats. Some examples are Urea Cycle Disorder (where ammonia builds up in the body) and Gaucher’s Disease (where fatty substances build up in cells and organs).
- Chromosomal disorders, where gene-carrying chromosomes do not pair up correctly or are missing. Some examples are Klinefelter Syndrome, a sex-chromosome disorder, and Down Syndrome.
- Congenital abnormalities (commonly known as birth defects), which can be caused by genetic abnormalities. They also can happen because of illness or environmental exposure during pregnancy (such as with rubella), or for unknown reasons.
- Other common diseases that have hereditary traits, such diabetes, autism, and some types of cancer.
- Clinical Genetics: This overarching branch of medical genetics deals with the treatment and management of hereditary diseases.
- Biomechanical Genetics: This branch deals with metabolic disorders, such as galactosemia and phenylketonuria.
- Cytogenetics: This specialty deals with chromosomes and their associated diseases, as well as testing their structure and number.
- Molecular Genetics: This specialty focuses on DNA, interpreting DNA sequencing and other tests, and relating DNA information to specific diseases.