We found 4 cardiologists who accept Blue Shield HMO near Austin, TX.
Dr. Andrea Natale is a physician who specializes in adult cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology (heart rhythm). Dr. Natale is especially interested in heart problems and electrophysiological (EP) study. On average, patients gave Dr. Natale a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Natale honors Medicare Supplement (Medigap), Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Natale studied medicine at the University of Florence Faculty of Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Natale has received the following distinction: San Francisco Super Doctors. Dr. Natale (or staff) speaks Spanish and Italian. Dr. Natale's hospital/clinic affiliations include Montefiore Medical Center, Sutter Medical Network, and California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC). Dr. Natale has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Heart Problems, Electrophysiological Study
Dr. John Burkhardt is an adult cardiologist and cardiac electrophysiologist. He speaks Spanish. In his practice, Dr. Burkhardt focuses on heart problems. He is affiliated with Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines, Scripps Green Hospital, and Seton Healthcare Family. He attended the University of Kentucky College of Medicine and the University of Louisville School of Medicine and subsequently trained at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics for residency. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and United Healthcare Choice are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Burkhardt takes. Dr. Burkhardt welcomes new patients.
Clinical interests: Heart Problems
Dr. Amin Al-Ahmad practices adult cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology (heart rhythm). He is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. After attending Tufts University School of Medicine, he completed his residency training at Tufts Medical Center. Dr. Al-Ahmad speaks Arabic. Dr. Al-Ahmad is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) and Seton Healthcare Family. His practice is open to new patients.
Dr. Hashim Khan, who practices in Austin, TX, is a medical specialist in adult cardiology and interventional cardiology. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Khan studied medicine at Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine. Dr. Khan (or staff) is conversant in Urdu and Hindi.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Heart attack prevention and treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure, where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of the body
- Heart transplant evaluation and care after surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease, where arteries in the limbs narrow and reduce blood flow
- Aneurysm, or a swelling in the blood vessels
- Coronary Artery Disease, where the blood vessels delivering oxygen and nutrients to the heart become blocked
- An electrocardiogram, which checks the heart’s electrical activity
- X-rays to see tissues more clearly
- Cardiac catheterization, where a small tube is directed into the heart to test pressure, oxygen levels, and blood flow