We found 4 sports medicine providers who accept Blue Choice Gold PPO 001 near Abilene, TX.
Dr. Dale Funk is an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist. He is rated 4.0 stars out of 5 by his patients. Dr. Funk takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. Dr. Funk has received professional recognition including the following: Texas Super Doctors.
Dr. Clifford Deprang is an orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine specialist in Abilene, TX. His patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Dr. Deprang honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He attended medical school at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston.
Dr. Samuel Maroney's medical specialty is orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He graduated from the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Maroney honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Jennifer Johnson's specialty is pediatric sports medicine. Dr. Johnson is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. She is a graduate of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury