We found 4 sports medicine providers who accept Blue Choice Gold PPO 001 near Abilene, TX.
Dr. Dale Funk is an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist in Abilene, TX. On average, patients gave him a rating of 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Funk is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. He is a graduate of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He has received the following distinction: Texas Super Doctors.
Dr. Clifford Deprang is an orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine specialist. He graduated from the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Patients gave Dr. Deprang an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Deprang takes.
Dr. Samuel Maroney's medical specialty is orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. Dr. Maroney studied medicine at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Jennifer Johnson is a pediatric sports medicine specialist in Abilene, TX. She is a graduate of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine. Dr. Johnson honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury