We found 7 dermatologists who accept Humana Simplicity HMO Open Access Silver 04/100 near Maryville, TN.
Dr. Colleen Shimazu sees patients in Maryville, TN and Knoxville, TN. Her medical specialty is dermatology (skin disorders). Dr. Shimazu graduated from the University of Hawaii at Manoa, John A. Burns School of Medicine and then she performed her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She takes Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Lewis Slawsky's medical specialty is pediatric dermatology and surgical dermatology. Before performing his residency at Geisinger Medical Center, Dr. Slawsky attended SUNY Upstate Medical University for medical school. He is especially interested in nail issues, hair problems, and psoriasis. Patient ratings for Dr. Slawsky average 3.0 stars out of 5. He takes Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Hair Disorders, Medical Dermatology, Nail Disorders, Psoriasis, Skin Cancer
Dr. Matthew Doppelt is a surgical dermatology specialist in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Doppelt is rated 4.5 stars out of 5 by his patients. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Doppelt include psoriasis, cosmetic skin treatment, and laser treatment. He honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. He is a graduate of Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Clinical interests: Cosmetic Dermatology, Laser Procedures, Medical Dermatology, Psoriasis, Skin Cancer
Dr. Robert Unkefer's area of specialization is MOHS-micrographic surgery. His areas of clinical interest consist of psoriasis, nail surgery, and cosmetic skin treatment. Dr. Unkefer takes several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. He attended Baylor College of Medicine for medical school and subsequently trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of Florida Health Science Center for residency.
Clinical interests: Cosmetic Dermatology, Laser Procedures, Medical Dermatology, Nail Surgery, Psoriasis, Skin Cancer
Dr. Kemunto Mokaya is a specialist in pediatric dermatology and surgical dermatology. She works in Alcoa, TN. She is especially interested in hair problems, psoriasis, and skin of color. She is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. After attending Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Mokaya completed her residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).
Clinical interests: Hair Disorders, Medical Dermatology, Psoriasis, Skin Cancer, Skin of Color
Dr. Patrick Burkhart practices dermatology (skin disorders). Areas of particular interest for Dr. Burkhart include skin issues. He takes several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. He attended medical school at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine.
Clinical interests: Medical Dermatology
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.