We found 7 dermatologists who accept Humana Simplicity HMO Open Access Silver 04/100 near Maryville, TN.
Dr. Colleen Shimazu's area of specialization is dermatology (skin disorders). Dr. Shimazu attended medical school at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, John A. Burns School of Medicine. Her residency was performed at a hospital affiliated with the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Lewis Slawsky is a physician who specializes in pediatric dermatology and surgical dermatology. He attended medical school at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Dr. Slawsky trained at Geisinger Medical Center for his residency. He has a special interest in nail issues, hair problems, and psoriasis. He is rated 3.5 stars out of 5 by his patients. He accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Psoriasis, Skin Cancer, Hair Problems, Nail Issues, Skin Issues
Dr. Matthew Doppelt specializes in surgical dermatology and practices in Knoxville, TN. He studied medicine at Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Doppelt has indicated that his clinical interests include psoriasis, cosmetic skin treatment, and laser treatment. Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 4.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Psoriasis, Skin Cancer, Laser Treatment, Cosmetic Skin Treatment, Skin Issues
Dr. Robert Unkefer is a specialist in MOHS-micrographic surgery. He works in Alcoa, TN. Dr. Unkefer's areas of expertise include psoriasis, nail surgery, and cosmetic skin treatment. He accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. He graduated from Baylor College of Medicine and then he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Florida Health Science Center.
Clinical interests: Psoriasis, Nail Surgery, Skin Cancer, Laser Treatment, Cosmetic Skin Treatment, Skin Issues
Dr. Kemunto Mokaya is a physician who specializes in pediatric dermatology and surgical dermatology. Dr. Mokaya is a graduate of Yale School of Medicine. She completed her residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). She has indicated that her clinical interests include hair problems, psoriasis, and skin of color. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Mokaya takes.
Clinical interests: Hair Problems, Psoriasis, Skin Issues, Skin of Color, Skin Cancer
Dr. Patrick Burkhart practices dermatology (skin disorders) in Maryville, TN. He has a special interest in skin issues. Patient ratings for Dr. Burkhart average 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Burkhart accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine.
Clinical interests: Skin Issues
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.