- An overdose on drugs that are damaging to the liver
- Blood tests suggesting liver damage
- Hepatitis, or inflammation of the liver, which can be caused by a virus, toxin, or autoimmune disease
- Cirrhosis, a type of scar tissue in the liver that is often caused by alcoholism
- Hemochromatosis, a condition where your body absorbs too much iron, which damages the liver
- Follow-up care after a liver transplant
We found 2 hepatologists who accept Coventry Silver HMO near Danville, PA.
Dr. Waseem Butt practices general internal medicine and adult hepatology. After completing medical school at King Edward Medical University, he performed his residency at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center. He is in-network for Coventry, Aetna, and Coventry Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Butt is professionally affiliated with Geisinger Gastroenterology.
Dr. Kashif Tufail practices adult gastroenterology, general internal medicine, and adult hepatology in Danville, PA. He attended medical school at Allama Iqbal Medical College. Dr. Tufail completed his residency training at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center. He honors Coventry, Aetna, Coventry Bronze, and more. He is professionally affiliated with Geisinger Gastroenterology.