- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Gold Compass 1000 near Altoona, PA.
Dr. David Junkin is a physician who specializes in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. His areas of clinical interest consist of knee problems and shoulder problems. He is affiliated with UPMC Altoona. Dr. Junkin graduated from Temple University School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with Temple University. Patient ratings for Dr. Junkin average 4.5 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, and United Healthcare Navigate, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Shoulder Problems, Knee Problems
Dr. Eric Kephart sees patients in Altoona, PA. His medical specialties are family medicine and sports medicine. Dr. Kephart honors United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, and United Healthcare Navigate, as well as other insurance carriers. His education and training includes medical school at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and residency at Altoona Regional Health System. He is affiliated with UPMC Altoona.
Dr. Shawn Saylor's medical specialty is family medicine and sports medicine. He is professionally affiliated with UPMC Altoona. Before performing his residency at Conemaugh Health System, Dr. Saylor attended Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school. He is an in-network provider for United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, United Healthcare Navigate, and more.