We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Gold Compass 1000 near Altoona, PA.
Dr. David Junkin practices orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 4.5 stars out of 5. He takes United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, United Healthcare Navigate, and more. Dr. Junkin graduated from Temple University School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with Temple University. He is affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC).
Dr. Eric Kephart practices family medicine and sports medicine. He is affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). He attended Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school and subsequently trained at Altoona Regional Health System for residency. Dr. Kephart is an in-network provider for United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, and United Healthcare Navigate, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Shawn Saylor's specialties are family medicine and sports medicine. He is an in-network provider for United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, and United Healthcare Navigate, as well as other insurance carriers. Before completing his residency at Conemaugh Health System, Dr. Saylor attended medical school at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC).
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury