We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Gold Compass 1000 near Altoona, PA.
Dr. David Junkin is a physician who specializes in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. His education and training includes medical school at Temple University School of Medicine and residency at a hospital affiliated with Temple University. He is rated 4.5 stars out of 5 by his patients. Dr. Junkin accepts United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, and United Healthcare Navigate, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Junkin is affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC).
Dr. Shawn Saylor is a physician who specializes in family medicine and sports medicine. He is an in-network provider for United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, and United Healthcare Navigate, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Saylor attended Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at Conemaugh Health System. He is affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC).
Dr. Eric Kephart is a family practitioner and sports medicine specialist in Altoona, PA. He is affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). Dr. Kephart honors United Healthcare Platinum, United Healthcare Compass, United Healthcare Navigate, and more. He graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and then he performed his residency at Altoona Regional Health System.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury