We found 7 immunologists who accept Oxford Health Plans near Yorktown Heights, NY.
Dr. John County's specialty is allergy & immunology. He is professionally affiliated with Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, ENT and Allergy Associates, and Phelps Memorial Hospital Association. He is in-network for several insurance carriers, including POMCO, HealthSmart, and Viant. Dr. County graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. For his residency, Dr. County trained at UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital and Duke University Medical Center.
Clinical interests: Adult and Pediatric Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Dr. Neil Goldman practices adult allergy & immunology. He graduated from New York Medical College. Dr. Goldman is an in-network provider for Amerigroup, Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus, and more. He speaks Spanish. His professional affiliations include Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, and Phelps Memorial Hospital Association.
Dr. Robert Goldman specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology and practices in Ossining, NY, Fishkill, NY, and Jefferson Valley, NY. Patients gave Dr. Goldman an average rating of 4.0 stars out of 5. He honors MVP Health Care, Child Health Plus, Cigna, and more. After attending Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine for medical school, he completed his residency training at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Dr. Goldman (or staff) speaks Hebrew and Spanish. Dr. Goldman is professionally affiliated with Mount Kisco Medical Group (MKMG) and Hudson Valley Hospital Center.
Dr. John Scinto is a medical specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology and adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Scinto honors several insurance carriers, including POMCO, Cigna, and Aetna. He attended St. Louis University School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Connecticut. He speaks Spanish. Dr. Scinto is professionally affiliated with Mount Kisco Medical Group (MKMG) and Hudson Valley Hospital Center.
Dr. Harvey Gorrin practices allergy & immunology in Mount Kisco, NY. Dr. Gorrin's patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. He takes POMCO, Cigna, Aetna, and more. He is a graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine.
Dr. Haeyoung Hwang is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. She works in Croton-on-Hudson, NY, Bronx, NY, and Hartsdale, NY. She accepts Child Health Plus, Aetna, Medicaid, and more. She graduated from Ewha Womans University and then she performed her residency at Georgetown University Hospital. In addition to English, Dr. Hwang (or staff) speaks Korean and Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center and Children's & Women's Physicians of Westchester (CWPW), LLP.
Dr. Vidya Narasimhan, who practices in Brewster, NY, Brenster, NY, and Mount Kisco, NY, is a medical specialist in legal medicine and allergy & immunology. In addition to English, Dr. Narasimhan (or staff) speaks Tamil, Gujarati, and Hindi. Her professional affiliations include Putnam Hospital Center, Phelps Memorial Hospital Center, and Phelps Memorial Hospital Association. Dr. Narasimhan attended medical school at B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad. Amerigroup, Child Health Plus, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Narasimhan honors.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.