We found 0 providers with an interest in hysteroscopy and who accept HIP PPO near New York, NY.
What is a Hysteroscopy? A hysteroscopy is a diagnostic procedure performed to examine the inside of the uterus. A thin tube with a camera and light at the end, called a hysteroscope, is inserted through the vagina. It allows the physician to view the cervix and uterine walls. Sometimes, gas or liquid is used to expand the uterus and allow a better view. If necessary, tiny instruments can also be passed through the tube and used for certain procedures, such as taking a biopsy or removing a polyp. Hysteroscopy is often done to figure out the cause of abnormal menstrual bleeding. However, it can also be used to:
- Identify the cause of recurrent miscarriage
- Remove polyps or fibroids, non-cancerous growths in the uterus
- Remove adhesions, scar tissue within the uterus
- Identify uterine septums, a wall of tissue dividing the uterus
- Perform ablation, the removal of excess uterine lining