We found 7 immunologists who accept GHI PPO near New York, NY.
Dr. Ira Finegold's specialty is adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Finegold's clinical interests include sinusitis (sinus infection), allergy skin testing, and exercise induced asthma. Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 4.5 stars out of 5. He accepts Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, as well as other insurance carriers. Before performing his residency at Jacobi Medical Center and Montefiore Medical Center, Dr. Finegold attended the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine. He is professionally affiliated with Mount Sinai Roosevelt. Dr. Finegold has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Eczema, Allergies, Hives, Sinus Problems, Food Allergy, Allergen Immunotherapy, ... (Read more)
Dr. Milo Vassallo is an allergist/immunologist in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Vassallo's patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. He is especially interested in asthma and allergies. He is professionally affiliated with New York Methodist (NYM) Hospital and ENT and Allergy Associates. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE, and Aetna Medicare, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended medical school at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. Dr. Vassallo's training includes a residency program at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Vassallo has received the following distinction: New York Rising Stars. Dr. Vassallo (or staff) speaks Arabic, Spanish, and Italian.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Asthma
Dr. Yesim Demirdag is a physician who specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. Dr. Demirdag (or staff) speaks Mandarin, Arabic, and Spanish. These areas are among her clinical interests: immunodeficiency, drug allergy, and hay fever (allergic rhinitis). Dr. Demirdag's hospital/clinic affiliations include ColumbiaDoctors and NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. Dr. Demirdag trained at a hospital affiliated with Louisiana State University for residency. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Aetna EPO, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Distinctions awarded to Dr. Demirdag include: Bravo Award, Press Ganey top three percentile provider award; USIDNet (US Immunodeficiency Network) short-term training award; and Bravo Award. Dr. Demirdag welcomes new patients.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Food Allergy, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Carol Baum practices allergy & immunology. She has a special interest in seasonal allergies, asthma, and food allergy. Dr. Baum honors POMCO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and HealthSmart, as well as other insurance carriers. She studied medicine at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. She completed her residency training at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center. Dr. Baum is conversant in Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and ENT and Allergy Associates.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Sinus Problems, Food Allergy, Seasonal Allergies, Allergy Testing, Asthma
Dr. Joyce Yu is a pediatric allergist and immunologist in New York, NY. Dr. Yu is especially interested in immunodeficiency, recurrent infections, and food allergy. Aetna EPO, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Yu accepts. Before completing her residency at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Dr. Yu attended medical school at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. She has received the following distinctions: New York Super Doctors and New York Rising Stars. She speaks Spanish. Dr. Yu is affiliated with ColumbiaDoctors and NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. She is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Immunodeficiency, Food Allergy, Recurrent Infections
Dr. Minsoo Kim is a pediatric allergy & immunology specialist. Dr. Kim (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Mandarin and Spanish. Areas of expertise for Dr. Kim include hay fever (allergic rhinitis), asthma, and food allergy. Dr. Kim's hospital/clinic affiliations include ColumbiaDoctors and NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. Dr. Kim obtained her medical school training at SUNY Upstate Medical University and performed her residency at NYU Langone Medical Center. She accepts Aetna EPO, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers. She is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Allergies, Hives, Food Allergy, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Mary Lee-Wong is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. Dr. Lee-Wong's average patient rating is 2.5 stars out of 5. She honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Healthfirst, and United Healthcare Plans, in addition to other insurance carriers. She graduated from SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.