We found 7 immunologists who accept GHI PPO near New York, NY.
Dr. Ira Finegold's area of specialization is adult allergy & immunology. His average rating from his patients is 4.5 stars out of 5. Clinical interests for Dr. Finegold include sinusitis (sinus infection), allergy skin testing, and exercise induced asthma. Dr. Finegold is professionally affiliated with Mount Sinai Roosevelt. Dr. Finegold is in-network for Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, as well as other insurance carriers. He has an open panel. He studied medicine at the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine. His medical residency was performed at Jacobi Medical Center and Montefiore Medical Center.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Eczema, Allergies, Hives, Sinus Problems, Food Allergy, Allergen Immunotherapy, ... (Read more)
Dr. Yesim Demirdag is a physician who specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. Her clinical interests include immunodeficiency, drug allergy, and hay fever (allergic rhinitis). Dr. Demirdag accepts several insurance carriers, including Aetna EPO, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Her residency was performed at a hospital affiliated with Louisiana State University. Awards and/or distinctions she has received include Bravo Award, Press Ganey top three percentile provider award; USIDNet (US Immunodeficiency Network) short-term training award; and Bravo Award. In addition to English, Dr. Demirdag (or staff) speaks Mandarin, Arabic, and Spanish. Dr. Demirdag is professionally affiliated with ColumbiaDoctors and NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. She has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Food Allergy, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Milo Vassallo is an allergist/immunologist in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Vassallo attended New York University (NYU) School of Medicine and subsequently trained at Massachusetts General Hospital for residency. These areas are among his clinical interests: asthma and allergies. His average patient rating is 4.5 stars out of 5. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE, and Aetna Medicare are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Vassallo takes. He has received professional recognition including the following: New York Rising Stars. Dr. Vassallo (or staff) speaks Arabic, Spanish, and Italian. Dr. Vassallo's hospital/clinic affiliations include New York Methodist (NYM) Hospital and ENT and Allergy Associates.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Asthma
Dr. Carol Baum specializes in allergy & immunology and practices in New York, NY. Dr. Baum's areas of expertise include seasonal allergies, asthma, and food allergy. She accepts several insurance carriers, including POMCO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield. Before completing her residency at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Dr. Baum attended medical school at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. She speaks Spanish. Dr. Baum is professionally affiliated with ENT and Allergy Associates.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Sinus Problems, Food Allergy, Seasonal Allergies, Allergy Testing, Asthma
Dr. Joyce Yu specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. In addition to English, Dr. Yu speaks Spanish. She has indicated that her clinical interests include immunodeficiency, recurrent infections, and food allergy. Her professional affiliations include ColumbiaDoctors and NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. She graduated from Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Dr. Yu's residency was performed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. She takes Aetna EPO, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Yu has received distinctions including New York Super Doctors and New York Rising Stars. Her practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Immunodeficiency, Food Allergy, Recurrent Infections
Dr. Minsoo Kim is a medical specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. Dr. Kim (or staff) speaks Mandarin and Spanish. Her areas of clinical interest consist of hay fever (allergic rhinitis), asthma, and food allergy. Dr. Kim's hospital/clinic affiliations include ColumbiaDoctors and NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. After attending SUNY Upstate Medical University for medical school, she completed her residency training at NYU Langone Medical Center. Dr. Kim honors Aetna EPO, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, as well as other insurance carriers. She has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Allergies, Hives, Food Allergy, Hay Fever, Asthma
Dr. Mary Lee-Wong is a New York, NY physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. Dr. Lee-Wong studied medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine. The average patient rating for Dr. Lee-Wong is 2.5 stars out of 5. She accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Healthfirst, United Healthcare Plans, and more.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.