We found 3 dermatologists who accept BlueCare Essential 1486 near New York, NY.
Dr. Jesleen Ahluwalia specializes in dermatology (skin disorders) and practices in New York, NY. Patient ratings for Dr. Ahluwalia average 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Ahluwalia is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. She attended the University of Toledo College of Medicine and then went on to complete her residency at a hospital affiliated with Wayne State University. She has received the following distinction: New York Rising Stars.
Dr. Rishi Patel's specialty is dermatopathology. Dr. Patel is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center. He studied medicine at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. He has received the distinction of New York Rising Stars.
Dr. Katherine Siamas is a specialist in dermatology (skin disorders). She works in Brooklyn, NY and New York, NY. Dr. Siamas (or staff) speaks the following languages: Spanish and Greek. She is professionally affiliated with VA NY Harbor Healthcare System. Dr. Siamas attended medical school at Stony Brook University Medical Center, School of Medicine. She is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. She has received the following distinction: New York Rising Stars.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.