We found 5 dermatologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueOptions Essential near New York, NY.
Dr. Marcy Alvarez's medical specialty is dermatology (skin disorders). Patients gave her an average rating of 5.0 stars out of 5. Clinical interests for Dr. Alvarez include actinic keratosis, rosacea, and acne. Dr. Alvarez is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. Dr. Alvarez attended New York College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school and subsequently trained at Lutheran Medical Center for residency.
Clinical interests: Psoriasis, Eczema, Skin Cancer, Rosacea, Acne, Skin Biopsy, Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Channing Barnett is a specialist in dermatology (skin disorders). She attended medical school at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University. Patients rated her highly, giving her an average of 4.5 stars out of 5. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Barnett honors. Dr. Barnett has received the following distinction: New York Rising Stars. Dr. Barnett (or staff) speaks Filipino, Spanish, and Thai.
Dr. Jesleen Ahluwalia's medical specialty is dermatology (skin disorders). She graduated from the University of Toledo College of Medicine. She trained at a hospital affiliated with Wayne State University for residency. Dr. Ahluwalia's average rating from her patients is 5.0 stars out of 5. She is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. She has received the distinction of New York Rising Stars.
Dr. Rishi Patel practices dermatopathology in New York, NY. He is professionally affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. Dr. Patel studied medicine at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He has received the following distinction: New York Rising Stars.
Dr. Katherine Siamas is a dermatologist. Dr. Siamas (or staff) speaks the following languages: Spanish and Greek. Dr. Siamas is professionally affiliated with VA NY Harbor Healthcare System. She is a graduate of Stony Brook University Medical Center, School of Medicine. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Siamas accepts. Dr. Siamas has received the distinction of New York Rising Stars.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.