We found 8 genetics specialists who accept EmblemHealth near New Hyde Park, NY.
Dr. Martin Bialer's medical specialty is pediatric genetics. He has received a 5.0 out of 5 star rating by his patients. Dr. Bialer is affiliated with Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset. He is in-network for Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, in addition to other insurance carriers. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment. He attended medical school at Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine. Dr. Bialer (or staff) speaks the following languages: Mandarin, Spanish, and German.
Dr. Lakshmi Mehta's medical specialty is genetics. Her clinical interests include ovarian cancer, colorectal cancer, and deafness. She is in-network for Child Health Plus, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Mehta attended medical school at Christian Medical College, Ludhiana. Dr. Mehta has received the following distinction: New York Super Doctors. Dr. Mehta (or staff) speaks Hindi. Her hospital/clinic affiliations include Mount Sinai Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset. She has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Birth Defects, Breast Cancer, Cardiomyopathy, Colorectal Cancer, Craniofacial Anomalies, Deafness, ... (Read more)
Dr. David Tegay is a genetics specialist in Old Westbury, NY, Central Islip, NY, and East Meadow, NY. Dr. Tegay is affiliated with NuHealth. He is an in-network provider for Amerigroup, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers. After completing medical school at New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, he performed his residency at Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston. He speaks Spanish.
Dr. Oana Vele is a physician who specializes in molecular genetic pathology. She is a graduate of Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy. Dr. Vele takes Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Empire BlueCross BlueShield, and more. Dr. Vele (or staff) is conversant in Romanian and French. She is professionally affiliated with Syosset Hospital, Huntington Hospital, and Plainview Hospital. New patients are welcome to contact her office for an appointment.
Dr. Joyce Fox's area of specialization is pediatric genetics. Dr. Fox is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center. She takes Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Empire BlueCross BlueShield, and more. She welcomes new patients. Dr. Fox attended medical school at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Fox (or staff) is conversant in Urdu, Greek, and Ukrainian.
Dr. David Meryash practices neurodevelopmental disabilities, pediatric genetics, and developmental-behavioral pediatrics. Patients gave Dr. Meryash an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. His professional affiliations include North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center. He honors Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Meryash's practice is open to new patients. He graduated from the University of California, Davis, School of Medicine.
Dr. Jordan Laser's area of specialization is molecular genetic pathology. He is a graduate of Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine. Dr. Laser is an in-network provider for Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Empire BlueCross BlueShield, and more. In addition to English, Dr. Laser (or staff) speaks Mandarin, Sign Language, and Spanish. His professional affiliations include Syosset Hospital, Manhattan Campus of the VA NY Harbor Healthcare System, and Huntington Hospital. Dr. Laser is open to new patients.
Dr. Moris Angulo specializes in genetics and pediatric endocrinology and practices in Mineola, NY. Dr. Angulo studied medicine at the University of El Salvador Faculty of Medicine. He accepts MagnaCare, Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus, and more. Dr. Angulo (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Single gene disorders, the result of a single mutated gene. Examples include Huntington’s disease, which causes jerky movements, and sickle-cell anemia, where red blood cells have an abnormal, rigid shape.
- Inborn metabolic disorders, which are a specific type of single gene disorder that results in abnormalities in the way the body chemically processes proteins, carbohydrates or fats. Some examples are Urea Cycle Disorder (where ammonia builds up in the body) and Gaucher’s Disease (where fatty substances build up in cells and organs).
- Chromosomal disorders, where gene-carrying chromosomes do not pair up correctly or are missing. Some examples are Klinefelter Syndrome, a sex-chromosome disorder, and Down Syndrome.
- Congenital abnormalities (commonly known as birth defects), which can be caused by genetic abnormalities. They also can happen because of illness or environmental exposure during pregnancy (such as with rubella), or for unknown reasons.
- Other common diseases that have hereditary traits, such diabetes, autism, and some types of cancer.
- Clinical Genetics: This overarching branch of medical genetics deals with the treatment and management of hereditary diseases.
- Biomechanical Genetics: This branch deals with metabolic disorders, such as galactosemia and phenylketonuria.
- Cytogenetics: This specialty deals with chromosomes and their associated diseases, as well as testing their structure and number.
- Molecular Genetics: This specialty focuses on DNA, interpreting DNA sequencing and other tests, and relating DNA information to specific diseases.