We found 8 genetics specialists who accept EmblemHealth near New Hyde Park, NY.
Dr. Oana Vele is a molecular genetic pathology specialist in Manhasset, NY and New York, NY. Dr. Vele graduated from Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy. She accepts Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Vele (or staff) is conversant in Romanian, French, and Russian. Dr. Vele's professional affiliations include Huntington Hospital, Plainview Hospital, and Lenox Hill Hospital. New patients are welcome to contact her office for an appointment.
Dr. Lakshmi Mehta is a physician who specializes in genetics. Dr. Mehta (or staff) is conversant in Hindi. Her clinical interests include ovarian cancer, colorectal cancer, and deafness. Dr. Mehta is professionally affiliated with Mount Sinai Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset. She graduated from Christian Medical College, Ludhiana. She is in-network for Child Health Plus, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Mehta has received the following distinction: New York Super Doctors. Dr. Mehta's practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Deafness, Rett Syndrome, Cardiomyopathy, Ovarian Cancer, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Turner Syndrome, ... (Read more)
Dr. David Tegay, who practices in Old Westbury, NY, Central Islip, NY, and East Meadow, NY, is a medical specialist in genetics. He attended New York College of Osteopathic Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston. He is an in-network provider for Amerigroup, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Tegay speaks Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with NuHealth.
Dr. Martin Bialer specializes in pediatric genetics. On average, patients gave him a rating of 5.0 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Bialer studied medicine at Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine. In addition to English, Dr. Bialer (or staff) speaks Mandarin, Spanish, and German. Dr. Bialer is professionally affiliated with Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset. He welcomes new patients.
Dr. Joyce Fox is a pediatric genetics specialist in Commack, NY, Manhasset, NY, and New Hyde Park, NY. She takes Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Fox attended medical school at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Fox (or staff) speaks the following languages: Urdu, Greek, and Ukrainian. Dr. Fox's hospital/clinic affiliations include North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center. She is open to new patients.
Dr. Jordan Laser specializes in molecular genetic pathology. He is professionally affiliated with Syosset Hospital, Manhattan Campus of the VA NY Harbor Healthcare System, and Huntington Hospital. Dr. Laser accepts Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Empire BlueCross BlueShield, and more. He has an open panel. Dr. Laser is a graduate of Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine. In addition to English, Dr. Laser (or staff) speaks Mandarin, Sign Language, and Spanish.
Dr. David Meryash works as a pediatric geneticist, developmental behavioral pediatrician, and neurodevelopmental disabilities specialist. He is a graduate of the University of California, Davis, School of Medicine. Dr. Meryash has a 4.5 out of 5 star average patient rating. Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Meryash takes. He is professionally affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center. Dr. Meryash welcomes new patients.
Dr. Moris Angulo is a specialist in genetics and pediatric endocrinology. He works in Mineola, NY. He is a graduate of the University of El Salvador Faculty of Medicine. Dr. Angulo is in-network for MagnaCare, Child Health Plus, and Family Health Plus, as well as other insurance carriers. In addition to English, Dr. Angulo (or staff) speaks Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Single gene disorders, the result of a single mutated gene. Examples include Huntington’s disease, which causes jerky movements, and sickle-cell anemia, where red blood cells have an abnormal, rigid shape.
- Inborn metabolic disorders, which are a specific type of single gene disorder that results in abnormalities in the way the body chemically processes proteins, carbohydrates or fats. Some examples are Urea Cycle Disorder (where ammonia builds up in the body) and Gaucher’s Disease (where fatty substances build up in cells and organs).
- Chromosomal disorders, where gene-carrying chromosomes do not pair up correctly or are missing. Some examples are Klinefelter Syndrome, a sex-chromosome disorder, and Down Syndrome.
- Congenital abnormalities (commonly known as birth defects), which can be caused by genetic abnormalities. They also can happen because of illness or environmental exposure during pregnancy (such as with rubella), or for unknown reasons.
- Other common diseases that have hereditary traits, such diabetes, autism, and some types of cancer.
- Clinical Genetics: This overarching branch of medical genetics deals with the treatment and management of hereditary diseases.
- Biomechanical Genetics: This branch deals with metabolic disorders, such as galactosemia and phenylketonuria.
- Cytogenetics: This specialty deals with chromosomes and their associated diseases, as well as testing their structure and number.
- Molecular Genetics: This specialty focuses on DNA, interpreting DNA sequencing and other tests, and relating DNA information to specific diseases.