We found 8 genetics specialists who accept EmblemHealth near New Hyde Park, NY.
Dr. Martin Bialer, who practices in Manhasset, NY and New Hyde Park, NY, is a medical specialist in pediatric genetics. On average, patients gave Dr. Bialer a rating of 5.0 stars out of 5. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset. He is an in-network provider for Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, as well as other insurance carriers. He has an open panel. Dr. Bialer attended medical school at Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine. Dr. Bialer (or staff) is conversant in Mandarin, Spanish, and German.
Dr. Lakshmi Mehta's specialty is genetics. Dr. Mehta (or staff) is conversant in Hindi. Clinical interests for Dr. Mehta include ovarian cancer, colorectal cancer, and deafness. Dr. Mehta's hospital/clinic affiliations include Mount Sinai Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset. She attended medical school at Christian Medical College, Ludhiana. She accepts Child Health Plus, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Mehta has received the distinction of New York Super Doctors. She welcomes new patients.
Clinical interests: Deafness, Rett Syndrome, Cardiomyopathy, Ovarian Cancer, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Turner Syndrome, ... (Read more)
Dr. David Tegay is a genetics specialist in Old Westbury, NY, Central Islip, NY, and East Meadow, NY. He attended New York College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school and subsequently trained at Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston for residency. Dr. Tegay is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Amerigroup, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. He is conversant in Spanish. Dr. Tegay is professionally affiliated with NuHealth.
Dr. Oana Vele is a molecular genetic pathology specialist. Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Vele honors. She studied medicine at Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy. Dr. Vele (or staff) speaks Romanian and French. Dr. Vele is professionally affiliated with Syosset Hospital, Huntington Hospital, and Plainview Hospital. New patients are welcome to contact her office for an appointment.
Dr. Joyce Fox works as a pediatric geneticist. She studied medicine at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons. She accepts Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Fox (or staff) speaks the following languages: Urdu, Greek, and Ukrainian. Her hospital/clinic affiliations include North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center. She is open to new patients.
Dr. David Meryash is a pediatric geneticist, developmental pediatrician, and neurodevelopmental disabilities specialist in Lake Success, NY and Smithtown, NY. Patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Meryash honors Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Empire BlueCross BlueShield, and more. He is a graduate of the University of California, Davis, School of Medicine. He is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center. He has an open panel.
Dr. Jordan Laser, who practices in New York, NY, New Hyde Park, NY, and Manhasset, NY, is a medical specialist in molecular genetic pathology. He graduated from Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Amerigroup, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield. Dr. Laser (or staff) is conversant in Mandarin, Sign Language, and Spanish. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Syosset Hospital, Manhattan Campus of the VA NY Harbor Healthcare System, and Huntington Hospital. He welcomes new patients.
Dr. Moris Angulo is a specialist in genetics and pediatric endocrinology. Dr. Angulo takes MagnaCare, Child Health Plus, Family Health Plus, and more. He graduated from the University of El Salvador Faculty of Medicine. Dr. Angulo (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish, French, and Portuguese.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Single gene disorders, the result of a single mutated gene. Examples include Huntington’s disease, which causes jerky movements, and sickle-cell anemia, where red blood cells have an abnormal, rigid shape.
- Inborn metabolic disorders, which are a specific type of single gene disorder that results in abnormalities in the way the body chemically processes proteins, carbohydrates or fats. Some examples are Urea Cycle Disorder (where ammonia builds up in the body) and Gaucher’s Disease (where fatty substances build up in cells and organs).
- Chromosomal disorders, where gene-carrying chromosomes do not pair up correctly or are missing. Some examples are Klinefelter Syndrome, a sex-chromosome disorder, and Down Syndrome.
- Congenital abnormalities (commonly known as birth defects), which can be caused by genetic abnormalities. They also can happen because of illness or environmental exposure during pregnancy (such as with rubella), or for unknown reasons.
- Other common diseases that have hereditary traits, such diabetes, autism, and some types of cancer.
- Clinical Genetics: This overarching branch of medical genetics deals with the treatment and management of hereditary diseases.
- Biomechanical Genetics: This branch deals with metabolic disorders, such as galactosemia and phenylketonuria.
- Cytogenetics: This specialty deals with chromosomes and their associated diseases, as well as testing their structure and number.
- Molecular Genetics: This specialty focuses on DNA, interpreting DNA sequencing and other tests, and relating DNA information to specific diseases.