- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 2 sports medicine providers who accept Health Net PPO near Carson City, NV.
Dr. Kyle Swanson specializes in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. His areas of expertise include knee problems, foot problems, and shoulder problems. He is an in-network provider for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Shield, and more. Dr. Swanson is a graduate of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine.
Clinical interests: Sports Health, Hip Problems, Elbow Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Knee Problems, ... (Read more)
Dr. Keith Swanson is an orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine specialist in Zephyr Cove, NV and Carson City, NV. He is a graduate of the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine. Dr. Swanson is an in-network provider for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers.