We found 4 cardiologists who accept Humana Premier near Winston-salem, NC.
Dr. Gretchen Wells' area of specialization is adult cardiology. Dr. Wells's patients gave her an average rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars. She honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. She obtained her medical school training at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine and performed her residency at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center.
Dr. Thomas Wannenburg is a specialist in adult cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology (heart rhythm). The average patient rating for Dr. Wannenburg is 3.5 stars out of 5. He takes several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. Dr. Wannenburg attended medical school at Stellenbosch University Faculty of Health Sciences.
Dr. Nick Cavros' area of specialization is adult cardiology. Dr. Cavros studied medicine at the University of Athens Faculty of Medicine. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Cavros honors.
Dr. Pascha Schafer specializes in adult cardiology. Dr. Schafer honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. She is a graduate of Georgia Regents University, Medical College of Georgia.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Heart attack prevention and treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure, where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of the body
- Heart transplant evaluation and care after surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease, where arteries in the limbs narrow and reduce blood flow
- Aneurysm, or a swelling in the blood vessels
- Coronary Artery Disease, where the blood vessels delivering oxygen and nutrients to the heart become blocked
- An electrocardiogram, which checks the heart’s electrical activity
- X-rays to see tissues more clearly
- Cardiac catheterization, where a small tube is directed into the heart to test pressure, oxygen levels, and blood flow