We found 6 cardiologists who accept Humana Premier near Winston-salem, NC.
Dr. Karen Smith works as an adult cardiologist and interventional cardiologist. She is a graduate of Wake Forest University School of Medicine. Dr. Smith's training includes a residency program at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. She honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. Dr. Smith's hospital/clinic affiliations include the University of Florida Health (UF Health), North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System, and Novant Health. She is open to new patients.
Dr. Marcus Cox practices adult cardiology. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Cox honors. He graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. Dr. Cox trained at Mayo Clinic for residency. He is professionally affiliated with Novant Health. Dr. Cox has an open panel.
Dr. Gretchen Wells specializes in adult cardiology. Dr. Wells studied medicine at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine. Her training includes a residency program at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. She has received a 2.5 out of 5 star rating by her patients. She is in-network for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Thomas Wannenburg is a medical specialist in adult cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology (heart rhythm). He graduated from Stellenbosch University Faculty of Health Sciences. The average patient rating for Dr. Wannenburg is 3.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Wannenburg accepts several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic.
Dr. Nick Cavros' area of specialization is adult cardiology. Dr. Cavros takes Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of the University of Athens Faculty of Medicine.
Dr. Pascha Schafer is a physician who specializes in adult cardiology. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. She is a graduate of Georgia Regents University, Medical College of Georgia.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Heart attack prevention and treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure, where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of the body
- Heart transplant evaluation and care after surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease, where arteries in the limbs narrow and reduce blood flow
- Aneurysm, or a swelling in the blood vessels
- Coronary Artery Disease, where the blood vessels delivering oxygen and nutrients to the heart become blocked
- An electrocardiogram, which checks the heart’s electrical activity
- X-rays to see tissues more clearly
- Cardiac catheterization, where a small tube is directed into the heart to test pressure, oxygen levels, and blood flow