- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 5 pediatric endocrinologists who accept Medicare near Chapel Hill, NC.
Dr. Janel Hunter's medical specialty is pediatric endocrinology. Areas of expertise for Dr. Hunter include type 2 diabetes. Her hospital/clinic affiliations include the University of North Carolina Hospitals and Wake Forest Baptist Health. After attending Wake Forest University School of Medicine, she completed her residency training at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Hunter accepts Medicare insurance.
Clinical interests: Thyroid Problems, Type 2 Diabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Adrenal Disorders
Dr. Jennifer Law sees patients in Chapel Hill, NC. Her medical specialty is pediatric endocrinology. Dr. Law honors Medicare insurance. Before performing her residency at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Dr. Law attended West Virginia University School of Medicine. She has received professional recognition including the following: Best Teacher, Wake Forest University Medical Students and Best Role Model, Wake Forest University Medical Students. She speaks Spanish. Dr. Law is affiliated with the University of North Carolina Hospitals.
Dr. Doris Estrada is a specialist in pediatric endocrinology. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Estrada include diabetes. She is in-network for Medicare insurance. She is a graduate of Cayetano Heredia University. In addition to English, she speaks Spanish.
Clinical interests: Diabetes
Dr. Ashley Jessup is a pediatric endocrinologist. She accepts Medicare insurance. Dr. Jessup attended medical school at East Carolina University, The Brody School of Medicine. For her professional training, Dr. Jessup completed a residency program at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
Dr. Maureen Su's medical specialty is pediatric endocrinology. Dr. Su is professionally affiliated with the University of North Carolina Hospitals. She accepts Medicare insurance. After attending Harvard Medical School, she completed her residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).