- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 5 pediatric endocrinologists who accept Medicare near Chapel Hill, NC.
Dr. Janel Hunter practices pediatric endocrinology. Areas of expertise for Dr. Hunter include type 2 diabetes. Dr. Hunter's hospital/clinic affiliations include the University of North Carolina Hospitals and Wake Forest Baptist Health. She attended Wake Forest University School of Medicine and subsequently trained at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center for residency. She takes Medicare insurance.
Clinical interests: Thyroid Problems, Type 2 Diabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Adrenal Disorders
Dr. Jennifer Law works as a pediatric endocrinologist. She is professionally affiliated with the University of North Carolina Hospitals. She honors Medicare insurance. Dr. Law attended West Virginia University School of Medicine and then went on to complete her residency at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. Her distinctions include: Best Teacher, Wake Forest University Medical Students and Best Role Model, Wake Forest University Medical Students. In addition to English, she speaks Spanish.
Dr. Doris Estrada specializes in pediatric endocrinology. Dr. Estrada is a graduate of Cayetano Heredia University. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Estrada include diabetes. She is in-network for Medicare insurance. She is conversant in Spanish.
Clinical interests: Diabetes
Dr. Ashley Jessup works as a pediatric endocrinologist. After completing medical school at East Carolina University, The Brody School of Medicine, Dr. Jessup performed her residency at Nationwide Children's Hospital. She is in-network for Medicare insurance.
Dr. Maureen Su's area of specialization is pediatric endocrinology. She is affiliated with the University of North Carolina Hospitals. Dr. Su obtained her medical school training at Harvard Medical School and performed her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). She accepts Medicare insurance.