We found 3 pediatric neurologists near Asheville, NC.
Dr. William Huffstutter is a medical specialist in pediatric neurology and osteopathic manipulative medicine. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 3.5 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for Medicare insurance. Dr. Huffstutter attended the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Alabama.
Dr. Thomas St. John practices neurodevelopmental disabilities. He is especially interested in developmental disabilities. Dr. St. John is a graduate of Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College.
Clinical interests: Developmental Disabilities
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Migraines and other headaches
- Neurological disorders that cause physical disabilities, including cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and muscular dystrophy
- Developmental movement disorders, such as motor delays or low coordination
- Hydrocephalus, or fluid in the brain
- Brain tumors
- Social and behavioral disorders that originate in the brain, such as ADHD and autism (many, but not all pediatric neurologists offer this service)
- Blood tests
- Chromosomal testing
- EEG (electroencephalogram, a test to measure electrical activity in the brain)
- EMG (electromyography, tests to measure how well nerves and muscles work)
- Developmental screening tests
- Hearing and vision tests