We found 3 pediatric neurologists near Asheville, NC.
Dr. William Huffstutter's areas of specialization are pediatric neurology and osteopathic manipulative medicine; he sees patients in Asheville, NC. He is rated highly by his patients. He accepts Medicare insurance. Dr. Huffstutter graduated from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine. Dr. Huffstutter completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Alabama.
Dr. Tadeusz Poplawski's specialty is pediatric neurology. He has received a 5.0 out of 5 star rating by his patients. Dr. Poplawski is in-network for Medicare insurance.
Dr. Thomas St. John's area of specialization is neurodevelopmental disabilities. He is especially interested in developmental disabilities. Dr. St. John attended medical school at Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College.
Clinical interests: Developmental Disabilities
Conditions / Treatments
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Migraines and other headaches
- Neurological disorders that cause physical disabilities, including cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and muscular dystrophy
- Developmental movement disorders, such as motor delays or low coordination
- Hydrocephalus, or fluid in the brain
- Brain tumors
- Social and behavioral disorders that originate in the brain, such as ADHD and autism (many, but not all pediatric neurologists offer this service)
- Blood tests
- Chromosomal testing
- EEG (electroencephalogram, a test to measure electrical activity in the brain)
- EMG (electromyography, tests to measure how well nerves and muscles work)
- Developmental screening tests
- Hearing and vision tests