We found 3 pediatric neurologists near Asheville, NC.
Dr. William Huffstutter is a physician who specializes in pediatric neurology and osteopathic manipulative medicine. Dr. Huffstutter obtained his medical school training at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine and performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Alabama. His average rating from his patients is 4.0 stars out of 5. He accepts Medicare insurance. He has an open panel.
Dr. Tadeusz Poplawski sees patients in Asheville, NC. His medical specialty is pediatric neurology. Dr. Poplawski is an in-network provider for Medicare insurance. He is conversant in Spanish. He has an open panel.
Dr. Thomas St. John practices neurodevelopmental disabilities. In his practice, he is particularly interested in developmental disabilities. Dr. St. John studied medicine at Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College.
Clinical interests: Developmental Disabilities
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Gender
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Migraines and other headaches
- Neurological disorders that cause physical disabilities, including cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and muscular dystrophy
- Developmental movement disorders, such as motor delays or low coordination
- Hydrocephalus, or fluid in the brain
- Brain tumors
- Social and behavioral disorders that originate in the brain, such as ADHD and autism (many, but not all pediatric neurologists offer this service)
- Blood tests
- Chromosomal testing
- EEG (electroencephalogram, a test to measure electrical activity in the brain)
- EMG (electromyography, tests to measure how well nerves and muscles work)
- Developmental screening tests
- Hearing and vision tests