We found 3 pediatric neurologists near Asheville, NC.
Dr. William Huffstutter practices pediatric neurology and osteopathic manipulative medicine. Patient ratings for Dr. Huffstutter average 4.5 stars out of 5. He honors Medicare insurance. After attending the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine for medical school, Dr. Huffstutter completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Alabama.
Dr. Thomas St. John works as a neurodevelopmental disabilities specialist in Brevard, NC and Asheville, NC. Dr. St. John's clinical interests include developmental disabilities. He is a graduate of Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College.
Clinical interests: Developmental Disabilities
Conditions / Treatments
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Migraines and other headaches
- Neurological disorders that cause physical disabilities, including cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and muscular dystrophy
- Developmental movement disorders, such as motor delays or low coordination
- Hydrocephalus, or fluid in the brain
- Brain tumors
- Social and behavioral disorders that originate in the brain, such as ADHD and autism (many, but not all pediatric neurologists offer this service)
- Blood tests
- Chromosomal testing
- EEG (electroencephalogram, a test to measure electrical activity in the brain)
- EMG (electromyography, tests to measure how well nerves and muscles work)
- Developmental screening tests
- Hearing and vision tests