We found 3 pediatric neurologists near Asheville, NC.
Dr. William Huffstutter is a physician who specializes in neurodevelopmental disabilities, vascular neurology, and neurophysiology. He graduated from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine and then he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Alabama. Patients gave him an average rating of 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Huffstutter accepts Medicare insurance.
Dr. Thomas St. John works as a neurodevelopmental disabilities specialist. His clinical interests encompass developmental disabilities. Dr. St. John graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College.
Clinical interests: Developmental Disabilities
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Gender
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Migraines and other headaches
- Neurological disorders that cause physical disabilities, including cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and muscular dystrophy
- Developmental movement disorders, such as motor delays or low coordination
- Hydrocephalus, or fluid in the brain
- Brain tumors
- Social and behavioral disorders that originate in the brain, such as ADHD and autism (many, but not all pediatric neurologists offer this service)
- Blood tests
- Chromosomal testing
- EEG (electroencephalogram, a test to measure electrical activity in the brain)
- EMG (electromyography, tests to measure how well nerves and muscles work)
- Developmental screening tests
- Hearing and vision tests