We found 3 pediatric neurologists near Asheville, NC.
Dr. William Huffstutter is an Asheville, NC physician who specializes in pediatric neurology and osteopathic manipulative medicine. On average, patients gave him a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Huffstutter is in-network for Medicare insurance. His education and training includes medical school at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine and residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Alabama.
Dr. Tadeusz Poplawski's medical specialty is pediatric neurology. Dr. Poplawski's patients gave him an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars. He takes Medicare insurance.
Dr. Thomas St. John practices neurodevelopmental disabilities. Areas of expertise for Dr. St. John include developmental disabilities. Dr. St. John graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Medical College.
Clinical interests: Developmental Disabilities
Conditions / Treatments
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Migraines and other headaches
- Neurological disorders that cause physical disabilities, including cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and muscular dystrophy
- Developmental movement disorders, such as motor delays or low coordination
- Hydrocephalus, or fluid in the brain
- Brain tumors
- Social and behavioral disorders that originate in the brain, such as ADHD and autism (many, but not all pediatric neurologists offer this service)
- Blood tests
- Chromosomal testing
- EEG (electroencephalogram, a test to measure electrical activity in the brain)
- EMG (electromyography, tests to measure how well nerves and muscles work)
- Developmental screening tests
- Hearing and vision tests