Finding Providers

We found 2 general ob/gyns who accept McLaren Health Plan near Royal Oak, MI.

Showing 1-2 of 2
Dr. Rehab Mohsen Shabana MD
Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
1420 Stephenson Highway; Suite 400 Credentialing
Troy, MI
(248) 352-8200

Dr. Rehab Shabana works as a general OB/GYN in Detroit, MI, Southfield, MI, and Troy, MI. Dr. Shabana is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and United Healthcare Plans. She studied medicine at Wayne State University School of Medicine. In addition to English, she speaks Arabic. Her professional affiliations include Hutzel Women's Hospital, Wayne State University Physician Group (WSUPG), and Children's Hospital of Michigan.

Read more
Dr. Sun Kwon Kim MD, PhD
Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
1560 E Maple Road; Suite 200
Troy, MI
(248) 581-5200; (248) 352-8200

Dr. Sun Kim is a medical specialist in general obstetrics & gynecology. He takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, United Healthcare Plans, and more. Dr. Kim is conversant in Korean. He is professionally affiliated with Hutzel Women's Hospital, Wayne State University Physician Group (WSUPG), and Harper University Hospital.

Read more



Foreign Language

Practice Affiliation



Medical School

Years Since Graduation

What is General Obstetrics & Gynecology?

General obstetrician/gynecologists, or general OB/GYNs, are providers of routine care for women’s reproductive health. They offer regular checkups and preventative care to detect illnesses early and keep women healthy. A general OB/GYN cares for a variety of health issues, including:
  • Healthy pregnancies
  • Contraception
  • Endometriosis
  • Uterine fibroids
  • Sexually transmitted diseases
  • Menopause
  • PAP smears
  • Annual breast exams

After the age of 18, it is important to see a general OB/GYN regularly for preventative care as well as any needed pregnancy care. When necessary, general OB/GYNs may refer their patients to related specialists such as a Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist or Reproductive Endocrinologist. However, women without complicated health issues may continue to see their general OB/GYN for care throughout their reproductive life.