We found 5 immunologists who accept Priority Health near Novi, MI.
Dr. Rola Bokhari-Panza, who practices in Novi, MI, is a medical specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. She obtained her medical school training at American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine and performed her residency at American University of Beirut Medical Center and Georgetown University Hospital. Dr. Bokhari-Panza is especially interested in bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery, asthma, and pulmonary function test (PFT). Her average patient rating is 4.0 stars out of 5. She accepts several insurance carriers, including AARP, Cofinity, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Dr. Bokhari-Panza (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Arabic and Spanish. Dr. Bokhari-Panza's professional affiliations include Detroit Medical Center (DMC) and St. John Providence Health System.
Clinical interests: Accepts patients who refuse blood/blood products, Allergy, Pediatric Allergy/Asthma, Pulmonary ... (Read more)
Dr. Jeffrey Tulin-Silver is a specialist in adult allergy & immunology. These areas are among his clinical interests: drug allergy, bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery, and asthma. He is affiliated with Detroit Medical Center (DMC), St. Mary Mercy Livonia, and Botsford Hospital. Dr. Tulin-Silver is a graduate of Boston University School of Medicine. Dr. Tulin-Silver's medical residency was performed at Duke University Hospital and a hospital affiliated with Wayne State University. His average rating from his patients is 4.0 stars out of 5. He takes several insurance carriers, including Cofinity, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry. Dr. Tulin-Silver has received professional recognition including the following: Detroit Super Doctors.
Clinical interests: Accepts patients who refuse blood/blood products, Allergy, Asthma, Sinus, Food Allergy, Drug ... (Read more)
Dr. Michael Rowe is a medical specialist in adult allergy & immunology. He speaks Spanish. His areas of clinical interest consist of hay fever (allergic rhinitis), asthma, and sinus problems. Dr. Rowe's hospital/clinic affiliations include Detroit Medical Center (DMC) and St. John Providence Health System. He graduated from Wayne State University School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital. Dr. Rowe has received a 3.0 out of 5 star rating by his patients. Cofinity, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Rowe takes. Dr. Rowe has received the distinction of Detroit Super Doctors.
Clinical interests: Allergy, Asthma, Sinus Problems/ Diseases, Clinical Immunology, Hay Fever, PFT - Pulmonary Function ... (Read more)
Dr. Harvey Leo's specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. Before completing his residency at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Dr. Leo attended medical school at Tulane University School of Medicine. Dr. Leo has indicated that his clinical interests include bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery, bronchoscopy, and asthma. His average patient rating is 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Leo is in-network for Amerigroup, Cofinity, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers. In addition to English, he speaks Cantonese. He is professionally affiliated with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Botsford Hospital, and St. John Providence Health System.
Clinical interests: Accepts patients who refuse blood/blood products, Food Allergy, Asthma, Pediatric Allergies, ... (Read more)
Dr. Kastytis Buitkus is an allergist/immunologist and addiction medicine specialist in West Bloomfield, MI and Oak Park, MI. Dr. Buitkus's education and training includes medical school at Autonomous University of Santo Domingo Faculty of Medicine and Technical University of Santiago (UTESA) and residency at Mount Carmel Health System. These areas are among his clinical interests: bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery, asthma, and sinus problems. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Cofinity, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry. He is conversant in Lithuanian. Dr. Buitkus is affiliated with St. John Providence Health System.
Clinical interests: Accepts patients who refuse blood/blood products, Allergy, Clinical Immunology, Sinus, Asthma, ... (Read more)
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.