We found 5 immunologists who accept Priority Health near Novi, MI.
Dr. Rola Bokhari-Panza is a physician who specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. Patient reviews placed her at an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. She has indicated that her clinical interests include bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery, asthma, and pulmonary function test (PFT). Dr. Bokhari-Panza honors AARP, Cofinity, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Bokhari-Panza obtained her medical school training at American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine and performed her residency at American University of Beirut Medical Center and Georgetown University Hospital. Dr. Bokhari-Panza (or staff) is conversant in Arabic and Spanish. Her hospital/clinic affiliations include Detroit Medical Center (DMC) and St. John Providence Health System.
Clinical interests: Bloodless Medicine/Transfusion-Free Surgery, Allergies, Food Allergy, Lung Problems, Rhinitis, ... (Read more)
Dr. Michael Rowe is an adult allergist and immunologist in Novi, MI. In his practice, he is particularly interested in hay fever (allergic rhinitis), asthma, and sinus problems. Patient ratings for Dr. Rowe average 3.0 stars out of 5. He honors Cofinity, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended medical school at Wayne State University School of Medicine. Dr. Rowe trained at DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital for residency. He has received the distinction of Detroit Super Doctors. He is conversant in Spanish. Dr. Rowe's hospital/clinic affiliations include Detroit Medical Center (DMC) and St. John Providence Health System.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Sinus Problems, Pulmonary Function Test, Hay Fever, Cough, Asthma
Dr. Jeffrey Tulin-Silver is an adult allergy & immunology specialist. His average patient rating is 4.0 stars out of 5. Areas of expertise for Dr. Tulin-Silver include drug allergy, bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery, and asthma. His professional affiliations include Detroit Medical Center (DMC), St. Mary Mercy Livonia, and Botsford Hospital. Cofinity, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Tulin-Silver takes. Before performing his residency at Duke University Hospital and a hospital affiliated with Wayne State University, Dr. Tulin-Silver attended Boston University School of Medicine. He has received the following distinction: Detroit Super Doctors.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Bloodless Medicine/Transfusion-Free Surgery, Allergies, Sinus Problems, Food Allergy, ... (Read more)
Dr. Harvey Leo is a pediatric allergy & immunology specialist in Ypsilanti, MI, Novi, MI, and Chelsea, MI. Dr. Leo is conversant in Cantonese. His areas of expertise include bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery, bronchoscopy, and asthma. He is affiliated with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Botsford Hospital, and St. John Providence Health System. After completing medical school at Tulane University School of Medicine, he performed his residency at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics. Dr. Leo's average patient rating is 5.0 stars out of 5. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Amerigroup, Cofinity, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
Clinical interests: Bloodless Medicine/Transfusion-Free Surgery, Eczema, Bronchoscopy, Allergies, Food Allergy, Asthma
Dr. Kastytis Buitkus, who practices in West Bloomfield, MI and Oak Park, MI, is a medical specialist in addiction medicine and allergy & immunology. These areas are among his clinical interests: bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery, asthma, and sinus problems. He is in-network for Cofinity, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry, in addition to other insurance carriers. Before completing his residency at Mount Carmel Health System, Dr. Buitkus attended medical school at Autonomous University of Santo Domingo Faculty of Medicine and Technical University of Santiago (UTESA). Dr. Buitkus is conversant in Lithuanian. He is professionally affiliated with St. John Providence Health System.
Clinical interests: Bloodless Medicine/Transfusion-Free Surgery, Allergies, Hives, Sinus Problems, Rhinitis, Asthma
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.