We found 2 sports medicine providers who accept Medicare Advantage near Bloomfield Hills, MI.
Dr. Robert Kohen works as an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist. Dr. Kohen's areas of expertise include shoulder surgery, knee replacement, and bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery. He is affiliated with St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, St. John Hospital and Medical Center, and St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital. He accepts Cofinity, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and more. Dr. Kohen studied medicine at the University of Michigan Medical School. His residency was performed at a hospital affiliated with the University of Michigan.
Clinical interests: Accepts patients who refuse blood/blood products, Sports Medicine, Shoulder Surgery, Knee ... (Read more)
Dr. Michael Montico works as a family practitioner and sports medicine specialist. His clinical interests include bloodless medicine/transfusion-free surgery, preventive care, and general care. Dr. Montico honors several insurance carriers, including Cofinity, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Humana ChoiceCare Network. He studied medicine at Wayne State University School of Medicine. He completed his residency training at Providence Hospital. Dr. Montico is professionally affiliated with St. John Providence Health System.
Clinical interests: Accepts patients who refuse blood/blood products, Physicals, Family Medicine, Sports Medicine, ... (Read more)
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury