We found 5 genetics specialists who accept Humana Silver 3800/HMO Premier near New Orleans, LA.
Dr. Dmitriy Niyazov is a genetics specialist in New Orleans, LA and Raceland, LA. Dr. Niyazov is professionally affiliated with Ochsner. He is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with Emory University, Dr. Niyazov attended the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry for medical school.
Dr. Michael Marble is a clinical biochemical geneticist. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and Viant, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Marble is a graduate of Indiana University School of Medicine. He trained at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center for residency. He is affiliated with West Jefferson Medical Center (WJMC). Dr. Marble is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Metabolic Disorders, Chromosomal Disorders, Cleft Lip and Palate, Connective Tissue Disorders, ... (Read more)
Dr. Yves Lacassie, who practices in New Orleans, LA and Metairie, LA, is a medical specialist in pediatric genetics. He studied medicine at the University of Chile Faculty of Medicine. In Dr. Lacassie's practice, he is particularly interested in down syndrome. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and Viant, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Lacassie is conversant in Spanish. His hospital/clinic affiliations include West Jefferson Medical Center (WJMC), Ochsner, and Touro Infirmary. He is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Down Syndrome, Chromosomal Disorders, Cleft Lip and Palate, Connective Tissue Disorders, Birth ... (Read more)
Dr. Hans Andersson's medical specialty is genetics. Dr. Andersson is in-network for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended Tulane University School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at a hospital affiliated with Tulane University. He has received the following distinction: New Orleans Super Doctors. He is affiliated with Tulane Medical Center.
Dr. Eva Morava-Kozicz is a pediatric genetics and clinical biochemical genetics specialist. She honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. Dr. Morava-Kozicz (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: German and Dutch. Dr. Morava-Kozicz is professionally affiliated with Tulane Medical Center.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Single gene disorders, the result of a single mutated gene. Examples include Huntington’s disease, which causes jerky movements, and sickle-cell anemia, where red blood cells have an abnormal, rigid shape.
- Inborn metabolic disorders, which are a specific type of single gene disorder that results in abnormalities in the way the body chemically processes proteins, carbohydrates or fats. Some examples are Urea Cycle Disorder (where ammonia builds up in the body) and Gaucher’s Disease (where fatty substances build up in cells and organs).
- Chromosomal disorders, where gene-carrying chromosomes do not pair up correctly or are missing. Some examples are Klinefelter Syndrome, a sex-chromosome disorder, and Down Syndrome.
- Congenital abnormalities (commonly known as birth defects), which can be caused by genetic abnormalities. They also can happen because of illness or environmental exposure during pregnancy (such as with rubella), or for unknown reasons.
- Other common diseases that have hereditary traits, such diabetes, autism, and some types of cancer.
- Clinical Genetics: This overarching branch of medical genetics deals with the treatment and management of hereditary diseases.
- Biomechanical Genetics: This branch deals with metabolic disorders, such as galactosemia and phenylketonuria.
- Cytogenetics: This specialty deals with chromosomes and their associated diseases, as well as testing their structure and number.
- Molecular Genetics: This specialty focuses on DNA, interpreting DNA sequencing and other tests, and relating DNA information to specific diseases.