We found 5 genetics specialists who accept Humana Silver 3800/HMO Premier near New Orleans, LA.
Dr. Dmitriy Niyazov's area of specialization is genetics. He is affiliated with Ochsner. He graduated from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. Dr. Niyazov's residency was performed at a hospital affiliated with Emory University. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Niyazov accepts.
Dr. Michael Marble is a clinical biochemical geneticist in New Orleans, LA, Baton Rouge, LA, and Lafayette, LA. Dr. Marble obtained his medical school training at Indiana University School of Medicine and performed his residency at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and Viant. He is affiliated with West Jefferson Medical Center (WJMC). New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Metabolic Disorders, Chromosomal Disorders, Cleft Lip and Palate, Connective Tissue Disorders, ... (Read more)
Dr. Yves Lacassie is a specialist in pediatric genetics. He works in New Orleans, LA and Metairie, LA. In his practice, he is particularly interested in down syndrome. Dr. Lacassie takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and Viant, as well as other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of the University of Chile Faculty of Medicine. He speaks Spanish. Dr. Lacassie is affiliated with West Jefferson Medical Center (WJMC), Ochsner, and Touro Infirmary. He has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Down Syndrome, Chromosomal Disorders, Cleft Lip and Palate, Connective Tissue Disorders, Birth ... (Read more)
Dr. Hans Andersson specializes in genetics. Dr. Andersson is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with Tulane University, Dr. Andersson attended Tulane University School of Medicine. He has received professional recognition including the following: New Orleans Super Doctors. He is professionally affiliated with Tulane Medical Center.
Dr. Eva Morava-Kozicz's areas of specialization are pediatric genetics and clinical biochemical genetics; she sees patients in New Orleans, LA and Metairie, LA. She is affiliated with Tulane Medical Center. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Morava-Kozicz takes. Dr. Morava-Kozicz (or staff) speaks German and Dutch.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Single gene disorders, the result of a single mutated gene. Examples include Huntington’s disease, which causes jerky movements, and sickle-cell anemia, where red blood cells have an abnormal, rigid shape.
- Inborn metabolic disorders, which are a specific type of single gene disorder that results in abnormalities in the way the body chemically processes proteins, carbohydrates or fats. Some examples are Urea Cycle Disorder (where ammonia builds up in the body) and Gaucher’s Disease (where fatty substances build up in cells and organs).
- Chromosomal disorders, where gene-carrying chromosomes do not pair up correctly or are missing. Some examples are Klinefelter Syndrome, a sex-chromosome disorder, and Down Syndrome.
- Congenital abnormalities (commonly known as birth defects), which can be caused by genetic abnormalities. They also can happen because of illness or environmental exposure during pregnancy (such as with rubella), or for unknown reasons.
- Other common diseases that have hereditary traits, such diabetes, autism, and some types of cancer.
- Clinical Genetics: This overarching branch of medical genetics deals with the treatment and management of hereditary diseases.
- Biomechanical Genetics: This branch deals with metabolic disorders, such as galactosemia and phenylketonuria.
- Cytogenetics: This specialty deals with chromosomes and their associated diseases, as well as testing their structure and number.
- Molecular Genetics: This specialty focuses on DNA, interpreting DNA sequencing and other tests, and relating DNA information to specific diseases.