- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 5 sports medicine providers who accept Humana HMO Open Access Copay 50/5000 near Lafayette, LA.
Dr. Michael Schutte is a medical specialist in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. He has a special interest in knee problems, foot problems, and shoulder problems. Dr. Schutte is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. He attended medical school at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans.
Clinical interests: Pain, Sports Health, Hip Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Knee Problems, Arthroscopic ... (Read more)
Dr. Stephanie Aldret's areas of specialization are family medicine and sports medicine. She honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, Humana Catastrophic, and more. Dr. Aldret attended medical school at Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Amanda Phillips-Savoy's specialties are family medicine and sports medicine. She attended medical school at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine. Dr. Phillips-Savoy accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, Humana Catastrophic, and more.
Dr. Thomas Bond's medical specialty is family medicine and sports medicine. He honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Creighton Shute practices family medicine, emergency medicine, and osteopathic manipulative medicine in Lafayette, LA. He is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Shute attended medical school at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.