- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 5 sports medicine providers who accept Humana Catastrophic HMO near Lafayette, LA.
Dr. Stephanie Aldret is a family practice physician and sports medicine specialist. Dr. Aldret accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, Humana Catastrophic, and more. She graduated from Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Michael Schutte's medical specialty is orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He studied medicine at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. Dr. Schutte's areas of expertise include knee problems, foot problems, and shoulder problems. On average, patients gave him a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. He honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic.
Clinical interests: Pain, Sports Health, Hip Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Knee Problems, Arthroscopic ... (Read more)
Dr. Amanda Phillips-Savoy practices family medicine and sports medicine in Lafayette, LA. She honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. She is a graduate of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine.
Dr. Thomas Bond's areas of specialization are family medicine and sports medicine; he sees patients in Lafayette, LA. He takes Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Creighton Shute is a physician who specializes in family medicine, emergency medicine, and osteopathic manipulative medicine. He accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.