- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 5 sports medicine providers who accept Humana Catastrophic HMO near Lafayette, LA.
Dr. Michael Schutte's areas of specialization are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He is rated highly by his patients. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Schutte include knee problems, foot problems, and shoulder problems. He is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans.
Clinical interests: Pain, Sports Health, Hip Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Knee Problems, Arthroscopic ... (Read more)
Dr. Stephanie Aldret specializes in family medicine and sports medicine and practices in Eunice, LA and Lafayette, LA. She accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. She attended medical school at Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Amanda Phillips-Savoy is a family practice physician and sports medicine specialist in Lafayette, LA. She is in-network for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. She attended medical school at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine.
Dr. Creighton Shute specializes in family medicine, emergency medicine, and osteopathic manipulative medicine and practices in Lafayette, LA. He honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. He graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.