- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 4 sports medicine providers who accept Humana Silver HMO near Baton Rouge, LA.
Dr. Lawrence Messina's medical specialty is orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans.
Dr. Rani Whitfield practices family medicine and sports medicine in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Whitfield studied medicine at Meharry Medical College. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 5.0 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic.
Dr. Brian Harrell is a Baton Rouge, LA physician who specializes in family medicine and sports medicine. He is in-network for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Stephen Etheredge is a family practitioner and sports medicine specialist in Baton Rouge, LA. Dr. Etheredge accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.