We found 4 immunologists who accept Humana Silver near Elizabethtown, KY.
Dr. Joseph Turbyville practices general pediatrics and allergy & immunology in Louisville, KY, Shepherdsville, KY, and Elizabethtown, KY. He is affiliated with Norton Healthcare. He is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, Humana Catastrophic, and more. Dr. Turbyville obtained his medical school training at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine and performed his residency at Tripler Army Medical Center.
Dr. Tao Le is an allergy & immunology specialist. He is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Le graduated from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), School of Medicine.
Dr. Thao Pham's specialty is allergy & immunology. Dr. Pham takes Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. She graduated from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. Her practice is open to new patients.
Dr. Ha Le practices allergy & immunology. Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Le accepts several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. His practice is open to new patients. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville School of Medicine and Ho Chi Minh City University of Medicine and Pharmacy.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.