- Advanced maternal age (over 35)
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Premature rupture of membranes, or “water breaking” too early
- Congenital disorders that may impact birth
- Multiples (twins, triplets, or higher)
- Health issues in the mother, including chronic illness (diabetes, kidney disease, heart disease, etc.) and infectious disease (hepatitis, HIV)
We found 2 perinatologists who accept Medicare near Fort Wayne, IN.
Dr. Julie Platt practices maternal and fetal medicine (perinatology) in Fort Wayne, IN. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. Dr. Platt attended medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. Thomas Wheeler is a specialist in maternal and fetal medicine (perinatology). He works in Fort Wayne, IN. Dr. Wheeler is an in-network provider for Medicare insurance. He graduated from Indiana University School of Medicine.