We found 7 immunologists who accept Great-West Healthcare near Westchester, IL.
Dr. Timothy Brown is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. He takes Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Brown graduated from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. He is professionally affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, and Delnor Hospital.
Clinical interests: Pediatric asthma, allergic rhinitis, immunotherapy, food allergies, eczema, urticarial/andioedema, ... (Read more)
Dr. David Knysak works as an allergist/immunologist. He is especially interested in infections, asthma, and sinus problems. Dr. Knysak's professional affiliations include Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Adventist Hinsdale Hospital. He studied medicine at Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine. Dr. Knysak's training includes a residency program at Jewish General Hospital. He takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and TRICARE, as well as other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Asthma, Food Allergies, Hives, Infections, Insect Bites, Nasal Problems, Sinus Problems, Allergy & ... (Read more)
Dr. G. Richmond's specialties are allergy and immunology. His areas of expertise include sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. He is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and United Healthcare PPO. Dr. Richmond attended medical school at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. He has received the distinction of Chicago Super Doctors. His professional affiliations include Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, and Adventist Health Network (AHN).
Clinical interests: Primary immunodeficieny (non-HIV), Auto Immune Disorders, Allergic rhinitis, Allergies, Asthma, ... (Read more)
Dr. Anne Szpindor specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology and practices in Hoffman Estates, IL, Oak Park, IL, and Barrington, IL. Her average rating from her patients is 3.5 stars out of 5. She is especially interested in asthma. Dr. Szpindor is affiliated with Alexian Brothers Health System (ABHS) and Rush Oak Park Hospital. She honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, HealthSmart, and Viant, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Szpindor obtained her medical school training at Nicolaus Copernicus Academy of Medicine, Krakow and performed her residency at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. She is conversant in Polish.
Clinical interests: Asthma, Asthma Classes, Breathing Test, Nutritional Analysis
Dr. Farheen Mirza is an allergy & immunology specialist. Areas of expertise for Dr. Mirza include drug allergy, hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and acute sinusitis. Dr. Mirza is professionally affiliated with Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Adventist Health Partners (AHP), and Adventist Hinsdale Hospital. She is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and TRICARE, as well as other insurance carriers. She graduated from Rush Medical College. Dr. Mirza's training includes a residency program at Rush University Medical Center. Dr. Mirza (or staff) is conversant in Urdu and Hindi.
Clinical interests: Acute sinusitis, Airborne allergies, Allergic rhinitis, Allergy shots, Allergy Testing, Asthma, ... (Read more)
Dr. Mark Jacobson's specialty is allergy & immunology. The average patient rating for Dr. Jacobson is 5.0 stars out of 5. Areas of expertise for Dr. Jacobson include sinusitis (sinus infection), drug allergy, and recurrent infections. He is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, HealthSmart, and Coventry. Dr. Jacobson attended medical school at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, and Adventist Health Network (AHN).
Clinical interests: Allergic rhinitis, Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Asthma in Pregnancy, Atopic Dermatitis, Chronic cough, Drug ... (Read more)
Dr. Kiran Girdhar specializes in allergy & immunology. Dr. Girdhar has a 4.5 out of 5 star average patient rating. Her areas of expertise include asthma, sinus problems, and cough. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and TRICARE. Dr. Girdhar attended medical school at Lady Hardinge Medical College. In addition to English, Dr. Girdhar (or staff) speaks Hindi. She is professionally affiliated with Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, and Adventist Health Network (AHN).
Clinical interests: Asthma, Cough, Food Allergies, Immunology, Insect Bites, Rhinitis, Sinus Problems
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.