We found 4 dermatologists who accept Cigna near Grayslake, IL.
Dr. Melinda Simon specializes in pediatric dermatology and surgical dermatology. Her areas of expertise include acne, psoriasis, and atopic dermatitis. Dr. Simon is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and TRICARE, in addition to other insurance carriers. She graduated from Michigan State University and the University of Michigan Medical School. For her residency, Dr. Simon trained at Rush University Medical Center. Her professional affiliations include Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and Jesse Brown VA Medical Center. She welcomes new patients.
Clinical interests: Acne, Atopic Dermatitis, Blistering Diseases, Botox Injections, Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dermatology, ... (Read more)
Dr. Eric Marsh works as a mohs skin cancer surgeon. He has indicated that his clinical interests include skin cancer. Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Marsh honors Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and more. He studied medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford and the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. His medical residency was performed at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences/National Capital Consortium. Dr. Marsh is affiliated with Lake Forest Hospital.
Clinical interests: Medical Dermatology, Skin Cancer
Dr. Lisa Shen specializes in pediatric dermatology. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Shen include skin issues. Her hospital/clinic affiliations include Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Northwestern Medicine, and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Dr. Shen graduated from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and then she performed her residency at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Dr. Shen is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, HFN, and more. She is not accepting new patients at this time.
Clinical interests: Dermatology, General pediatric dermatology, acne, atopic dermatitis, hemangiomas, moles, ... (Read more)
Dr. David Shanker's specialty is dermatology (skin disorders). He is professionally affiliated with Northwestern Medicine. He graduated from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. Dr. Shanker's training includes a residency program at a hospital affiliated with the University of Illinois. The average patient rating for Dr. Shanker is 3.0 stars out of 5. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and United Healthcare POS are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Shanker honors. He has received the following distinction: Chicago Super Doctors. Dr. Shanker is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: General Dermatology
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.