We found 6 immunologists who accept Great-West Healthcare PPO near Geneva, IL.
Dr. Elena Gozum's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. Clinical interests for Dr. Gozum include sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. Patients gave Dr. Gozum an average rating of 4.0 stars out of 5. She is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and TRICARE, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Gozum attended medical school at the University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery. Her training includes a residency program at a hospital affiliated with Florida State University. She is conversant in Filipino. Dr. Gozum's professional affiliations include Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Adventist Hinsdale Hospital.
Clinical interests: Allergic Rhinitis, Asthma, Eczema, Food Allergies, Hives, Sinusitis
Dr. Richard Meyer sees patients in Carol Stream, IL and Saint Charles, IL. His medical specialty is allergy & immunology. Patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. He is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Delnor Hospital. Dr. Meyer takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, HFN, and HealthSmart, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Meyer studied medicine at St. Louis University School of Medicine. For his residency, Dr. Meyer trained at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
Clinical interests: Allergy & Immunology, Asthma, Eczema, Hay Fever/Allergic Rhinitis, Hives, Pediatrics
Dr. Ronald Wolfson practices allergy & immunology in Aurora, IL and Geneva, IL. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 3.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Wolfson honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE, and United Healthcare HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. He obtained his medical school training at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago and performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Michigan. Dr. Wolfson (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish and French. He is professionally affiliated with Delnor Hospital.
Dr. Timothy Brown is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. He takes Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Brown graduated from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. He is professionally affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, and Delnor Hospital.
Clinical interests: Pediatric asthma, allergic rhinitis, immunotherapy, food allergies, eczema, urticarial/andioedema, ... (Read more)
Dr. Richard Hrdlicka works as a family practitioner and allergist/immunologist. These areas are among his clinical interests: gastrointestinal problems (digestive disorders), menstrual disorders, and homeopathic treatment. Patients gave Dr. Hrdlicka an average rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. He honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, HFN, and HealthSmart. He is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. He trained at West Suburban Medical Center for residency. Dr. Hrdlicka is affiliated with Delnor Hospital.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Asthma, Colds and Flu's, Family Practice, Gastrointestinal Disorders, ... (Read more)
Dr. Daryn Abraham is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. He has received a 4.5 out of 5 star rating by his patients. Dr. Abraham is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, HFN, HealthSmart, and more. He is a graduate of Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine. His professional affiliations include Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Delnor Hospital.
Clinical interests: Allergy & Immunology, Asthma, Eczema, Food Allergies, Hay Fever/Allergic Rhinitis, Hives, Sinusitis
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.