We found 1 interventional cardiologists who accepts CIGNA Plans near Evanston, IL.
Dr. David Koenigsberg specializes in adult cardiology and interventional cardiology. He has a special interest in sports health and cardiac catheterization. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, Aetna, and more. Dr. Koenigsberg attended medical school at Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine. Dr. Koenigsberg completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with Loyola University. He has received the distinction of Chicago Super Doctors. In addition to English, Dr. Koenigsberg (or staff) speaks Hebrew, Yiddish, and Dutch. He is professionally affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and NorthShore University HealthSystem.
Clinical interests: Heart Disease Prevention, Interventional Cardiology, Sports Medicine
- Angioplasty, or opening of blocked arteries, often via the inflation of a balloon
- Atherectomy, the physical cutting away of plaque buildup
- Stenting, the placement of metal springs to hold artery walls open
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Closure of holes in the heart