We found 3 neonatologists who accept Humana Platinum 500/HMO Premier near Elgin, IL.
Dr. Ashok Mehta specializes in neonatology and practices in Elgin, IL, Chicago, IL, and Oak Park, IL. Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, United Healthcare Plans, and United Healthcare HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Mehta honors. He graduated from Cairo University, Kasr Al-Ainy Faculty of Medicine and then he performed his residency at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. Dr. Mehta (or staff) speaks Spanish and Hindi. Dr. Mehta is affiliated with Alexian Brothers Health System (ABHS), Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, and Delnor Hospital.
Clinical interests: Neonatal/Perinatal Medicine
Dr. Geeti Ghosh's areas of specialization are homeopathy and neonatology; she sees patients in Elgin, IL and Hoffman Estates, IL. Dr. Ghosh (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish and Hindi. Her areas of expertise consist of sleep apnea, asthma, and hearing screening. She is affiliated with Alexian Brothers Health System (ABHS). For her professional training, Dr. Ghosh completed a residency program at John Stroger Hospital of Cook County. Her average patient rating is 2.5 stars out of 5. She accepts Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and more.
Clinical interests: A D H D, ADHD Screening, Allergies, Apnea, Asthma, Behavioral Disorder, Blood Testing - Hemoglobin, ... (Read more)
Dr. Sharmita Misra's specialty is neonatology. She takes several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic.
Conditions / Treatments
Years Since Graduation
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat