We found 3 neonatologists who accept Humana Platinum 500/HMO Premier near Elgin, IL.
Dr. Ashok Mehta is a neonatology specialist. His professional affiliations include Alexian Brothers Health System (ABHS), Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, and Delnor Hospital. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, United Healthcare Plans, and United Healthcare HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Mehta is open to new patients. Dr. Mehta studied medicine at Cairo University, Kasr Al-Ainy Faculty of Medicine. He trained at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital for residency. In addition to English, Dr. Mehta (or staff) speaks Spanish and Hindi.
Dr. Geeti Ghosh practices homeopathy and neonatology in Elgin, IL and Hoffman Estates, IL. Dr. Ghosh trained at John Stroger Hospital of Cook County for residency. She is especially interested in sleep apnea, asthma, and hearing screening. She has received a 2.5 out of 5 star rating by her patients. She is an in-network provider for Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Ghosh (or staff) speaks Spanish and Hindi. She is affiliated with Alexian Brothers Health System (ABHS).
Clinical interests: Blood Tests, Allergies, Hearing Screening, Acid Reflux, Sleep Apnea, Premature Babies, Attention ... (Read more)
Dr. Sharmita Misra is a specialist in neonatology. She works in Elgin, IL and Barrington, IL. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Misra takes.
Conditions / Treatments
Years Since Graduation
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat