We found 3 neonatologists who accept Humana Platinum 500/HMO Premier near Elgin, IL.
Dr. Ashok Mehta is a neonatologist in Elgin, IL, Chicago, IL, and Oak Park, IL. He accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, United Healthcare Plans, and United Healthcare HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Mehta graduated from Cairo University, Kasr Al-Ainy Faculty of Medicine. For his residency, Dr. Mehta trained at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. Dr. Mehta (or staff) speaks the following foreign languages: Spanish and Hindi. His professional affiliations include Alexian Brothers Health System (ABHS), Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, and Delnor Hospital. His practice is open to new patients.
Dr. Geeti Ghosh works as a homeopath and neonatologist in Elgin, IL and Hoffman Estates, IL. Patient reviews placed her at an average of 2.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Ghosh has a special interest in sleep apnea, asthma, and hearing screening. Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Coventry are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Ghosh honors. She trained at John Stroger Hospital of Cook County for her residency. Dr. Ghosh (or staff) speaks Spanish and Hindi. Dr. Ghosh is professionally affiliated with Alexian Brothers Health System (ABHS).
Clinical interests: Blood Tests, Allergies, Hearing Screening, Acid Reflux, Sleep Apnea, Premature Babies, Attention ... (Read more)
Dr. Sharmita Misra is a neonatology specialist in Elgin, IL and Barrington, IL. She honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.
Conditions / Treatments
Years Since Graduation
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat