We found 5 immunologists who accept Humana Platinum HMO near Elgin, IL.
Dr. Sol Drapkin's areas of specialization are allergy & immunology and adult allergy; he sees patients in Evanston, IL, Chicago, IL, and Des Plaines, IL. Dr. Drapkin has indicated that his clinical interests include sinusitis (sinus infection), asthma, and hives (uritcaria). He is rated 5.0 stars out of 5 by his patients. He is in-network for Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and more. Dr. Drapkin attended Mount Sinai School of Medicine and subsequently trained at Rush University Medical Center for residency. In addition to English, he speaks Hebrew. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Alexian Brothers Health System (ABHS), NorthShore University HealthSystem, and Swedish Covenant Hospital. Dr. Drapkin has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergies, Hives
Dr. Waheeda Hirani's specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. Her areas of expertise consist of exercise induced asthma, food allergy, and eczema. Dr. Hirani is in-network for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. She graduated from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum and then she performed her residency at Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences and a hospital affiliated with Creighton University. In addition to English, Dr. Hirani (or staff) speaks Hindi. Her professional affiliations include Swedish Covenant Hospital and NorthShore University HealthSystem. Dr. Hirani is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Eczema, Allergies, Food Allergy, Exercise Induced Asthma, Asthma
Dr. Noga Askenazi's specialty is allergy & immunology. Dr. Askenazi (or staff) speaks the following languages: Hebrew and French. Her clinical interests include pulmonary function test (PFT) and skin testing. She is affiliated with Alexian Brothers Health System (ABHS) and Centegra Health System. She graduated from Tel Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine and then she performed her residency at Rush University Medical Center. Patient reviews placed Dr. Askenazi at an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. She is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, United Healthcare HMO, and United Healthcare POS.
Clinical interests: Skin Testing, Mouth Problems, Asthma, Allergies, Pulmonary Function Test
Dr. Eugenia Hahn practices allergy & immunology in Elgin, IL and Crystal Lake, IL. Dr. Hahn is a graduate of the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. Her training includes a residency program at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. She is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. She is professionally affiliated with Centegra Health System.
Dr. Mohammad Ghani's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. He has received a 3.5 out of 5 star rating by his patients. Areas of expertise for Dr. Ghani include asthma and allergies. He accepts CIGNA Plans, Humana HMO, and Humana Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers. He graduated from King Edward Medical University. In addition to English, Dr. Ghani speaks Spanish. His professional affiliations include Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital, and MetroSouth Medical Center.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Asthma
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.