We found 4 immunologists near Lilburn, GA.
Dr. Mark Livezey's specialty is allergy & immunology. Patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Livezey is affiliated with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Livezey honors. He studied medicine at Wayne State University School of Medicine.
Dr. Glen Nadel practices allergy & immunology in Atlanta, GA, Roswell, GA, and Lilburn, GA. He is rated highly by his patients. Dr. Nadel is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. He graduated from Georgia Regents University, Medical College of Georgia. He is affiliated with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
Dr. Paul Rabinowitz specializes in allergy & immunology and practices in Atlanta, GA, Roswell, GA, and Lilburn, GA. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. He honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. Dr. Rabinowitz attended medical school at SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine. Dr. Rabinowitz is conversant in Spanish. He is affiliated with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
Dr. Muhammad Ali's area of specialization is pediatric immunology. Patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Ali accepts. In addition to English, Dr. Ali speaks Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. New patients are welcome to contact Dr. Ali's office for an appointment.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.