- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept United Healthcare Catastrophic HMO near Venice, FL.
Dr. Edmund Witkowski's specialties are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. His average patient rating is 3.5 stars out of 5. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. Dr. Witkowski attended Medical College of Wisconsin for medical school and subsequently trained at Wilford Hall Medical Center for residency. He is affiliated with Venice Regional Bayfront Health.
Dr. Joseph Noah works as an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist in Venice, FL and North Port, FL. His average patient rating is 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Noah honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. After completing medical school at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine, he performed his residency at NYU Langone Medical Center. He is professionally affiliated with Venice Regional Bayfront Health.
Dr. Tracy Ng practices orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Ng accepts. She graduated from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine.