We found 2 neuro-ophthalmology specialists near Tampa, FL.
Dr. Geoffrey Kwitko is a specialist in ophthalmic plastic surgery and neuro-ophthalmology. He works in Tampa, FL. He graduated from The University of Western Ontario, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. His training includes a residency program at Kresge Eye Institute. The average patient rating for Dr. Kwitko is 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Kwitko is an in-network provider for Coventry, CIGNA, and Aetna, as well as other insurance carriers. He has received the distinction of Florida Super Doctors 2009 - Gulf Coast Edition. Dr. Kwitko (or staff) speaks Spanish and French. Dr. Kwitko's hospital/clinic affiliations include St. Joseph's Hospital, St. Joseph's Women's Hospital, and Memorial Hospital of Tampa. He is open to new patients.
Dr. Craig Munger's areas of specialization are ophthalmic plastic surgery and neuro-ophthalmology. Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Munger accepts the following insurance: Medicaid and Medicare. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Dr. Munger attended the University of Toledo College of Medicine for medical school.
Clinical interests: Plastics/Reconstructive and Neuro-Ophthalmology
Years Since Graduation
- Optic nerve disorders, including optic neuritis and ischemic optic neuropathy
- Visual field loss, including blind spots or loss of peripheral vision
- Unexplained blindness
- Visual disturbances, ‘seeing spots’ or halos
- Double vision
- Abnormal eye movements
- Fixed or uneven pupils
- Eye issues related to a larger illness, such as thyroid disease, multiple sclerosis, or myasthenia gravis
- Neurological exams to check brain function
- Visual field tests, also known as perimetry, to gauge vision
- Pupillography to test the reactions of the pupil
- Critical flicker fusion testing, to check how well the optic nerve transmits information
- Electroretinography to examine the function of rods and cones in the eye
- Optical coherence tomography to examine the retina and optic nerve