We found 7 immunologists who accept Humana Simplicity HMO Open Access Gold 02/100 near Tampa, FL.
Dr. Prianka Gerrish's specialty is allergy & immunology. She is professionally affiliated with Memorial Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Gerrish studied medicine at Saba University School of Medicine. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Dr. Diana Jerez is an allergy & immunology specialist in Tampa, FL. She takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more.
Dr. Jack Parrino's medical specialty is adult allergy & immunology. He is rated 5.0 stars out of 5 by his patients. His clinical interests encompass spirometry. Dr. Parrino is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and more. He graduated from the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Parrino is conversant in Spanish.
Clinical interests: Spirometry
Dr. Mark Ballow specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology and general pediatrics and practices in Tampa, FL and Saint Petersburg, FL. Dr. Ballow is professionally affiliated with the University of South Florida (USF) Health. He is a graduate of the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine. He trained at Yale-New Haven Hospital for residency. Dr. Ballow takes several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He has an open panel.
Dr. Nalini Rohatgi is an allergist/immunologist. Patients rated her highly, giving her an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Dr. Maliena Longley is an allergy & immunology specialist. She is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. She graduated from the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine.
Dr. Lizette Hernandez practices adult allergy & immunology in Tampa, FL. Dr. Hernandez is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.