We found 7 immunologists who accept Humana Simplicity HMO Open Access Gold 02/100 near Tampa, FL.
Dr. Jack Parrino, who practices in Tampa, FL, is a medical specialist in adult allergy & immunology. In his practice, Dr. Parrino focuses on spirometry. His average rating from his patients is 5.0 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE, and Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, as well as other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. In addition to English, Dr. Parrino speaks Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with BayCare Physician Partners.
Clinical interests: Spirometry
Dr. Nalini Rohatgi's medical specialty is allergy & immunology. Patient ratings for Dr. Rohatgi average 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Rohatgi is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more.
Dr. Prianka Gerrish practices allergy & immunology. She is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Gerrish is a graduate of Saba University School of Medicine. She is affiliated with Memorial Hospital of Tampa.
Dr. Diana Jerez is a specialist in allergy & immunology. She works in Tampa, FL. She is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Maliena Longley is an allergist/immunologist in Tampa, FL. Dr. Longley honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. She attended medical school at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine.
Dr. Lizette Hernandez is a specialist in adult allergy & immunology. She works in Tampa, FL. She takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Mark Ballow sees patients in Tampa, FL. His medical specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. Dr. Ballow is a graduate of the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.