We found 7 immunologists who accept Humana Simplicity HMO Open Access Gold 02/100 near Tampa, FL.
Dr. Jack Parrino works as an allergist and immunologist in Tampa, FL. Dr. Parrino's clinical interests encompass spirometry. He is rated 4.5 stars out of 5 by his patients. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, TRICARE, and Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Parrino studied medicine at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. He is conversant in Spanish.
Clinical interests: Spirometry
Dr. Diana Jerez is an allergy & immunology specialist in Tampa, FL. She honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Mark Ballow specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology and general pediatrics. He is affiliated with the University of South Florida (USF) Health. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Ballow is open to new patients. After completing medical school at the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Dr. Ballow performed his residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Dr. Nalini Rohatgi is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. Patient ratings for Dr. Rohatgi average 4.0 stars out of 5. She takes several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Dr. Prianka Gerrish's specialty is allergy & immunology. She is affiliated with Memorial Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Gerrish graduated from Saba University School of Medicine. She is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Dr. Maliena Longley is an allergy & immunology specialist in Tampa, FL. She graduated from the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Longley takes.
Dr. Lizette Hernandez practices adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Hernandez is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.