We found 3 immunologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueOptions Essential near Tallahassee, FL.
Dr. Ronald Saff works as an allergist and immunologist. Patient reviews placed Dr. Saff at an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze. He attended medical school at St. George's University School of Medicine.
Dr. Narlito Cruz is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. He accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Brian Wilson, who practices in Tallahassee, FL, is a medical specialist in adult allergy & immunology. Dr. Wilson attended medical school at the University of Florida College of Medicine. He takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.