We found 1 gynecologists who accepts BlueCare Everyday Health 1490 near Tallahassee, FL.
Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology
1775 One Healing Place
Dr. Arvind Bakhru's specialty is gynecologic oncology. He graduated from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. He accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more.
What is Gynecology? Gynecology is the medical specialty dealing with the female reproductive system and women’s health. Gynecologists provide preventive care and treatment for any health issues occurring in the uterus, ovaries, vagina, vulva, or breasts. Today, most gynecologists also train as obstetricians and offer pregnancy care, becoming obstetricians / gynecologists or OB/GYNs. However it is possible for a physician to specialize specifically in gynecology. Gynecologists see patients all the way from puberty into childbearing, throughout adulthood, and into the senior years. They encounter a wide variety of issues, which may include:
- Menstrual disorders, such as irregular or heavy periods
- Vaginal infections, such as yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis
- Birth control prescriptions
- Infertility treatment
- Abnormal development of the reproductive organs
- Breast care and breast cancer screening
- Uterine fibroids, benign growths in the uterus
- Endometriosis, a painful condition where uterine tissue grows outside the uterus
- Cancer of the reproductive organs