We found 3 dermatologists who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 near Port Charlotte, FL.
Dr. Laura Destefano works as a dermatologist in Port Charlotte, FL and Charlotte, FL. Dr. Destefano is a graduate of Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine. She is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more.
Dr. Stephen Spencer practices dermatology (skin disorders). Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 4.5 stars out of 5. He honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. Dr. Spencer attended medical school at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. Dr. Spencer has received professional recognition including the following: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - Gulf Coast Edition.
Dr. Laini Gaar is a medical specialist in dermatology (skin disorders). She studied medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine. She is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.