We found 5 dermatologists who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 near Port Charlotte, FL.
Dr. Stephen Chiarello is a pediatric dermatologist, dermatopathologist, and surgical dermatologist. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Chiarello include nail issues, hair problems, and skin issues. Dr. Chiarello is affiliated with Bayfront Health Punta Gorda. After completing medical school at Stony Brook University Medical Center, School of Medicine, he performed his residency at The Miriam Hospital and Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital. Dr. Chiarello's average patient rating is 2.5 stars out of 5. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Chiarello takes.
Clinical interests: Cosmetic Dermatology, Hair Disorders, Medical Dermatology, Nail Disorders
Dr. Laura Destefano is a specialist in MOHS-micrographic surgery. Areas of expertise for Dr. Destefano include skin cancer. She is a graduate of Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Destefano honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Medical Dermatology, Skin Cancer
Dr. Jeffrey Hunek is a specialist in dermatology (skin disorders). He works in Port Charlotte, FL. His clinical interests include skin issues. He studied medicine at the University of Toledo College of Medicine. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Hunek honors.
Clinical interests: Medical Dermatology
Dr. Stephen Spencer is a mohs skin cancer surgeon. Dr. Spencer's areas of expertise include nail issues, hair problems, and psoriasis. He is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. He is a graduate of the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. Dr. Spencer has received professional recognition including the following: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - Gulf Coast Edition.
Clinical interests: Cosmetic Dermatology, Hair Disorders, Medical Dermatology, Nail Disorders, Psoriasis, Skin Cancer, ... (Read more)
Dr. Laini Gaar, who practices in Port Charlotte, FL, is a medical specialist in surgical dermatology. Her areas of expertise include nail issues, phototherapy (light therapy), and contact dermatitis. She is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze. Dr. Gaar attended medical school at the University of Florida College of Medicine.
Clinical interests: Cosmetic Dermatology, Contact Dermatitis, Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma, Hair Disorders, Laser ... (Read more)
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.