We found 3 dermatologists who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 near Port Charlotte, FL.
Dr. Laura Destefano is a dermatologist in Port Charlotte, FL and Charlotte, FL. She studied medicine at Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine. She is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Stephen Spencer is a dermatologist in Port Charlotte, FL. He graduated from the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. His average patient rating is 4.5 stars out of 5. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Spencer takes. He has received professional recognition including the following: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - Gulf Coast Edition.
Dr. Laini Gaar's area of specialization is dermatology (skin disorders). Dr. Gaar takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers. She studied medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.