We found 4 dermatologists who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 near Port Charlotte, FL.
Dr. Stephen Chiarello practices pediatric dermatology, dermatopathology, and surgical dermatology. These areas are among Dr. Chiarello's clinical interests: nail issues, hair problems, and skin issues. His average rating from his patients is 2.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. He obtained his medical school training at Stony Brook University Medical Center, School of Medicine and performed his residency at The Miriam Hospital and Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital. He is affiliated with Bayfront Health Punta Gorda.
Clinical interests: Hair Problems, Cosmetic Skin Treatment, Nail Issues, Skin Issues
Dr. Laura Destefano's area of specialization is MOHS-micrographic surgery. She attended medical school at Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine. She has a special interest in skin cancer. Dr. Destefano is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more.
Clinical interests: Skin Cancer, Skin Issues
Dr. Stephen Spencer is a physician who specializes in MOHS-micrographic surgery. He is rated 4.5 stars out of 5 by his patients. His clinical interests include nail issues, hair problems, and psoriasis. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Spencer takes. He is a graduate of the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. He has received professional recognition including the following: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - Gulf Coast Edition.
Clinical interests: Psoriasis, Skin Cancer, Hair Problems, Cosmetic Skin Treatment, Nail Issues, Skin Issues, Tropical ... (Read more)
Dr. Laini Gaar is a specialist in surgical dermatology. Her areas of expertise include nail issues, phototherapy (light therapy), and contact dermatitis. Dr. Gaar is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more. She studied medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine.
Clinical interests: Psoriasis, Contact Dermatitis, Nail Surgery, Skin Cancer, Hair Problems, Laser Treatment, Cosmetic ... (Read more)
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.