We found 5 immunologists near Orange Park, FL.
Dr. Raquel Watkins is a medical specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology and adult allergy & immunology. She studied medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. She is in-network for Coventry, United Healthcare HSA, United Healthcare HMO, and more.
Dr. Edward Mizrahi is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. Dr. Mizrahi accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. He attended medical school at the University of Florida College of Medicine.
Dr. Michael Kaplan is a specialist in adult allergy & immunology. Before completing his residency at Domestic, Dr. Kaplan attended medical school at Des Moines University, College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Thomas Lupoli, who practices in Orange Park, FL, is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He studied medicine at A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Lupoli is professionally affiliated with Allergy & Asthma Specialists.
Dr. Chitra Kuthiala is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Kuthiala accepts.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.