We found 5 immunologists near Orange Park, FL.
Dr. Raquel Watkins is a pediatric allergy & immunology and adult allergy & immunology specialist. She studied medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Dr. Watkins takes several insurance carriers, including Coventry, United Healthcare HSA, and United Healthcare HMO.
Dr. Edward Mizrahi's specialty is allergy & immunology. He attended medical school at the University of Florida College of Medicine. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Dr. Michael Kaplan is a physician who specializes in adult allergy & immunology. He graduated from Des Moines University, College of Osteopathic Medicine. His training includes a residency program at Domestic.
Dr. Thomas Lupoli's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. He is professionally affiliated with Allergy & Asthma Specialists. He attended medical school at A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Lupoli is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Dr. Chitra Kuthiala is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. Dr. Kuthiala is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.