We found 5 immunologists who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO near Largo, FL.
Dr. Mandel Sher works as a pediatric allergist and immunologist. These areas are among his clinical interests: rheumatic diseases and allergies. His hospital/clinic affiliations include All Children's Hospital, the University of South Florida (USF) Health, and Mease Countryside Hospital. Dr. Sher graduated from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at Duke University Medical Center and Children's Hospital Boston. The average patient rating for Dr. Sher is 4.0 stars out of 5. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Sher honors. He has received professional recognition including the following: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - Gulf Coast Edition. Dr. Sher is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Rheumatic Diseases, Allergies
Dr. Joel Phillips is an adult allergist and immunologist in Clearwater, FL. The average patient rating for Dr. Phillips is 4.5 stars out of 5. Areas of expertise for Dr. Phillips include allergies. Dr. Phillips takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Phillips's medical residency was performed at a hospital affiliated with the University of South Florida (USF). He is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Allergies
Dr. Samuel Gubernick is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. He works in Largo, FL. Areas of expertise for Dr. Gubernick include asthma. He graduated from Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Gubernick completed his residency training at All Children's Hospital. His patients gave him an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars. He takes several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Clinical interests: Asthma
Dr. Monroe King sees patients in Largo, FL and Tampa, FL. His medical specialty is allergy & immunology. He is affiliated with James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital (JAHVH). Dr. King graduated from Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. He honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Dr. Catherine Kubiak is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. She works in Largo, FL. After attending the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine for medical school, Dr. Kubiak completed her residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of South Florida (USF). She honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. She is professionally affiliated with Morton Plant Hospital.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
Years Since Graduation
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.