We found 4 dermatologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueCare near Lady Lake, FL.
Dr. David Allyn's specialties are pediatric dermatology, dermatopathology, and MOHS-micrographic surgery. His average patient rating is 3.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Allyn's areas of expertise consist of nail issues, hair problems, and psoriasis. He is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. He graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. His hospital/clinic affiliations include South Lake Hospital and James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital (JAHVH).
Clinical interests: Cosmetic Dermatology, Hair Disorders, Medical Dermatology, Nail Disorders, Psoriasis
Dr. Christine Moorhead is a MOHS-micrographic surgery specialist. Her education and training includes medical school at Loma Linda University School of Medicine and residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center. Her clinical interests encompass cosmetic skin treatment and skin cancer. Dr. Moorhead takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Cosmetic Dermatology, Skin Cancer
Dr. David Casper is a surgical dermatologist. His clinical interests encompass cosmetic skin treatment and skin cancer. Patients gave Dr. Casper an average rating of 5.0 stars out of 5. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. Dr. Casper graduated from Temple University School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of South Florida (USF). He is affiliated with Orlando Health.
Clinical interests: Cosmetic Dermatology, Medical Dermatology, Skin Cancer
Dr. Sheila Torres is a surgical dermatologist in Lady Lake, FL and The Villages, FL. She is a graduate of the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine. These areas are among Dr. Torres's clinical interests: nail issues, hair problems, and nail surgery. Patients gave her an average rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Torres accepts.
Clinical interests: Hair Disorders, Medical Dermatology, Nail Disorders, Nail Surgery, Skin Cancer
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Years Since Graduation
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.