- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 3 pediatric endocrinologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueOptions Everyday Health Premier near Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Dr. Lital Reitblat, who practices in Fort Lauderdale, FL, is a medical specialist in pediatric endocrinology. She is a graduate of the University of Florida College of Medicine. Her residency was performed at Jackson Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Reitblat accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. In addition to English, she speaks Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with Broward Health.
Dr. Maria Barrueco-Casariego is a specialist in reproductive endocrinology and infertility, rehabilitative services, and pediatric endocrinology. She is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC). After attending Central University of the East School of Medicine, she completed her residency training at Jackson Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Barrueco-Casariego honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more.
Dr. Ernesto Blanco is a pediatric endocrinology specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He attended medical school at Central University of the Caribbean School of Medicine. Dr. Blanco trained at a hospital affiliated with Stony Brook University Medical Center for residency. He is conversant in Spanish. Dr. Blanco is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC).