- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept United Healthcare Catastrophic near Delray Beach, FL.
Dr. Marc Matarazzo works as an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist. In addition to English, Dr. Matarazzo speaks Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with Bethesda Health. He studied medicine at Temple University School of Medicine. His medical residency was performed at Hahnemann University Hospital. Dr. Matarazzo accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He has received professional recognition including the following: South Florida Super Doctors and Boca Raton Super Doctors.
Clinical interests: Sports Health, Elbow Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Knee Problems, Arthroscopic Surgery, ... (Read more)
Dr. Larry Levin is an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist. He accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Levin graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine. He trained at a hospital affiliated with Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) for his residency. His distinctions include: Boca Raton Super Doctors; South Florida Super Doctors; and Florida Super Doctors 2009 - South Florida Edition. Dr. Levin speaks Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with Bethesda Health.
Dr. David Simpson works as an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 2.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Simpson is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He is a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine. He is affiliated with Bethesda Health.